Sometimes we have to cope with different types of odors in our homes or cars, caused by different things. For instance, if there is a fire in your home, even after the fire has been put out, you’ll have to cope with the smell of smoke for several days, weeks, or even months.
Another common cause of the smell is mold. If your home gets flooded, you will cope with the smell of mold and mildew for a long time. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to drive away from the smell completely.
Some of the odors can be harmful to human health. That is what led to the manufacture of ozone generators. The machine is meant to take care of offensive odors.
Since the demand for the machine keeps increasing, many brands began to produce it. So, there are many brands and models of ozone generators. Of course, this is a welcome development.
However, there’s a little problem with it. The brands of ozone generators come with different features and varying prices. This is why it is a little difficult for buyers to pick their choice.
Now, we have stepped into the situation. We have gone to the market to choose great ozone generators. Our team tested many of them for several months, and now, we have come up with a list of the best portable ozone generator for hunting.
In addition, we also gave some tips on how to use a portable generator. At the end of the review, we picked out the best generator on this list and also outlined the features that made us select it.
So, after going through this review, we advise you to purchase the one we rated as the best or pick any other one from this list.
Our Picks of 10 Best Portable Ozone Generator for Hunting:
1. Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator 6,000mg
The first reason why we chose this generator is the huge amount of ozone it produces. You will agree with us that any generator that can generate up to 6,000mg of ozone is a great generator.
It is safe to say this generator has little or no maintenance. We also love the fact that you can use this generator anywhere and anytime.
You can use it at home, in your office, on your boat, car, and even in your store/warehouse.
It will take care of any kind of odor, from cooking odor to smoke damage, and from the smell of mold to pet odors.
No matter how offensive or pungent the smell is, this ozone generator will eliminate the odor gradually. It also takes care of dust and water damage.
As powerful as it is, its energy usage is very low, and it comes in an industrial-grade aluminum alloy casing that makes for toughness and durability. Also, the purifier comes with a 1-year warranty. In addition, it has a timer that allows you to time its operation.
Over 100,000 units of this device have been sold, and this confirms how effective it is. In addition, it comes with ceramic ozone plates that last three times longer than standard ozone plates.
With its relatively larger fan, it distributes ozone faster and more evenly over a larger area. Its steel filter is washable, so you won’t need to replace it. In fact, it can last as long as the generator.
- This generator can produce up to 6,000 mg of ozone.
- It comes with a washable steel filter that does not require any replacement.
- This purifier comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It has a large fan that distributes ozone faster and more evenly.
- The ozone plates of this purifier last longer than standard ozone plates.
- It can eliminate any kind of odor from the air.
- The device has a 180-minute timer function with which you can time it.
- Its industrial-grade aluminum alloy casing makes it durable.
- A weight of only 5 pounds makes it very portable and easy to carry around.
- An Amazon rating of 4.5 stars says it all about its quality.
2. Airthereal MA5000 Commercial Ozone Generator
This is a completely unique ozone generator. In fact, it is very portable. It is also very affordable. Although it comes at a price of $19.95, we believe that it provides more value than its cost.
The deodorizer provides about 2mg of ozone every hour. Also, it has a rechargeable battery, so it can be used indoor and outdoor.
Once you charge the battery fully, you could use it for camping, hunting, or other outdoor activities for several days.
It comes with a lanyard with which you can hang it in any part of your home, office, car, RV, or in any other location. This small air purifier works in two modes. The first mode is a green-light mode.
In this mode, the air purifier works for 30 minutes and pauses for 55 minutes, and then it will work for another 5 minutes and pauses for another 55 minutes. It will continue to work for 5 minutes and pause for 55 minutes until its battery gets weak or you shut it off.
Also, the green light will be on when it is working, and the light will start flashing when it is in pause mode. The second mode is the blue-light mode. In this mode, this machine will work for 30 minutes and pause for 20 minutes.
It will work for another 30 minutes and pause for another 20 minutes until its battery gets weak or you manually shut it off. The blue light will be on while the machine is working in this mode.
Also, the light will start flashing when the machine is in pause mode. Its red-light charging indicator will be on when the device is charging. Once charging is completed, the red light will go out.
- The pack of this deodorizer comes with a lanyard and a sucker.
- Coming at the price of $79.99 makes it very affordable.
- It works in two modes.
- The air purifier produces up to 2mg of ozone every hour.
- A weight of 3.5 pounds makes it almost weightless.
- You can use this device almost everywhere.
- It comes with a rechargeable battery.
3. Ozonics HR-300 Scent Elimination System
This is another air purifier that will impress you. What will first attract you is the number of accessories in its package.
The package comes with a battery, single bay battery charger, charger power supply, charger power cord, tree-mounting device, and a mounting stud.
It produces more ozone than many other deodorizers. The device may look complex, but it is easy to understand. More importantly, it is suitable for every location.
Also, its fan spreads ozone relatively faster and more evenly. It weighs only 3.8 pounds, and it has an Amazon rating of 3.9 stars.
- This device is very easy to use.
- It is very portable and easy to carry around.
- It has an Amazon rating of 3.9 stars.
- The air purifier weighs only 3.8 pounds.
- It is powered by a rechargeable battery.
- The device produces more ozone than many others.
- It comes with a charger power supply.
- And it also comes with a tree-mounting system.
4. Ivation Portable Ozone Generator 600mg/h
This purifier will not only purify the air; it also purifies water. However, that is not its biggest selling point. What we like most about it is the huge amount of ozone it produces every hour.
This portable ozone generator can produce up to 600 mg of ozone every hour. It deodorizes, it sanitizes, and it freshens the air.
You can time its operation for about 5 minutes to 30 minutes, with the latter being the maximum amount of time for which it can work without stopping.
It weighs only 2.8 pounds, and it has an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars. Since it can purify drinking water, you can take it along with you to the woods.
In addition, it can also be used to extend the life of vegetables and fruits. You can also use it to sanitize your kitchen utensils, and you can use it to treat your spa or hot tub water. In short, this device is very versatile.
- This machine purifies water, air, and other things.
- It does not only purify; it also sanitizes kitchen utensils and other items.
- You can time its operation with its timer.
- It can be used to purify and disinfect bathwater.
- The portable device weighs only 2.8 pounds
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars.
- The purifier produces up to 600mg of ozone in an hour.
- It is versatile. You can use it to sanitize or disinfect a lot of items.
5. OdorStop OS3500UV Ozone Generator with UV, Blue
This air purifier comes in 15 different sizes. Your chosen size depends on where you want to use it. You can purchase the one of travel size or the warehouse size.
However, for the purpose of this review, we have chosen the small size for hunting and other outdoor activities. It is effective for removing mite odor, mold odor, smoke smell, pet odor, and more.
This particular version weighs only 9.95 pounds, and that is why it is easy to move around. Also, despite its small size, it can handle an area of 3,500 square feet. It also comes with three effective ozone plates.
With a 12-hour timer feature, you can easily time its operation. It produces a variable amount of ozone depending on your chosen setting. It can output at least 150 mg per hour.
In addition to the 30-day return window offered on Amazon, this device comes with a 5-year warranty. Its level of effectiveness made users give it an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- The device comes in 15 different sizes.
- It can produce at least 150mg of ozone in an hour.
- You can easily time its operation with its 12-hour timer.
- It weighs only 9.95 pounds, so you can easily move it around.
- An Amazon rating of 4.5 stars confirms its quality.
- We also love its 5-year warranty.
- The purifier can handle an area of 3,500 square feet.
- It has a high-output fan.
6. Household Ozone Generator, 500 mg/h
This deodorizer is designed for deer-hunting. Your gear and body has to be completely odor-free because deer, elks, and bears can smell the odors far away.
In addition, the device can also handle smells from sweat, bacteria, smoke, chemical, and more. Since it has a one-button operation, it is very easy to operate.
The air purifier is powered by a rechargeable battery. When it is fully charged, the device can run for days. Also, its lithium battery will offer more than 500 recharges before hitting its lifespan.
The deodorizer is strong enough to eliminate odors up to 6 cubic feet. To make charging easy, it comes with a standard micro-USB cable.
Weighing 4.8 oz makes it one of the lightest air purifiers. It also has an Amazon rating of 3.6 stars. Finally, in spite of the value that this machine offers, it is sold for only $25. We believe that it offers more value than its cost.
- This device is designed especially for deer hunting, where elimination of odor is important.
- It weighs only 2.68 pounds.
- Right now, it has an Amazon rating of 3.6 stars.
- Coming at a price of $48.68 makes it affordable.
- When fully charged, its battery will run for several days.
- It can handle an area of 6 cubic feet.
- The pack includes a standard micro-USB cable.
- Its lithium battery can offer more than 500 recharges within its lifetime.
7. VTAR Ozone Generator, Portable
This device does not purify air alone. It also purifies water, fruits, and vegetables. Since it is portable, you can move it around to purify different rooms.
In addition, you can use it for toilets and pets. We love the fact that you can time its operation. From 5 minutes to 60 minutes. Its one-button control makes it very easy to operate.
You can place it on your shelf or counter, and you can mount it on the wall to save some space.
It has a display panel that shows the duration of its operation. Weighing 2.21 pounds makes it one of the lightest air purifier, and you can take it around. Also, it has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- The air purifier does not purify air alone. It also purifies water, vegetables, fruits, and other items.
- It will take care of the smell from the toilet and pet odors.
- You can time its operation.
- Having a weight of 2.21 pounds makes it very light and portable.
- It has a current Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- Its display panel shows its working duration in minutes.
- Having a one-button control makes it easy to operate.
- You can easily mount it on the wall to save space.
8. WSTA Portable Ozone Generator
We chose this deodorizer because it is a multipurpose deodorizer. You can use it to clean air and to sanitize water. The ozonized water can be used to wash fruits, vegetables, clothes, and kitchen utensils.
Also, this device can handle smoke odor and harmful gases. After applying it to your water, you can use the water to wash your hands, body, and face too.
It can produce about 500mg of ozone in an hour. Like the other air purifier above, this one has a timer too. With the timer, you can time it from 5 minutes to 60 minutes. Since it weighs 2.25 pounds, you can easily carry it around.
You can use it in your home, office, car, warehouse, store, garage, and in other places. Also, it currently has an Amazon rating of 4.3 stars. In addition, we also think that its price of $49.99 is fair.
- First of all, this ozone generator is multipurpose.
- After applying it to water, you can use the water to wash fruits, vegetables, kitchen utensils, and your body.
- It weighs only 2.25 pounds, and that is why you can easily move it around.
- Coming at a price of $49.99 makes it affordable.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.3 stars.
- The device produces about 500 mg of ozone in an hour.
- You can time its operation.
- It is also easy to operate.
9. Ziss Commercial Ozone Generator 7000mg Ozone Machine
We were dazzled at the amount of ozone that this device can produce in one hour. Precisely, this machine can output up to 700mg of ozone.
Also, we used it to eliminate cooking odors, smoke damage, water damage, dust, paint/cleaning fumes, pet odors, cigarette smell, and other irritants.
We are happy to tell you that it worked for all of them. So, we assure you of the effectiveness of the device. You can also set the length of purification from 5 minutes to 120 minutes.
We will advise that nobody should be in the room when purification starts. Due to its portability, you can also use it in your office, car, boat, RV, or anywhere else.
Also, its industrial-grade steel casing will help to extend its lifespan. In addition, it has a weight of 8.9 pounds and an Amazon rating of 4.3 stars.
- This ozone generator can produce up to 700mg of ozone in one hour.
- Since it weighs only 8.9 pounds, you can easily move it around.
- You can set its air purification duration from 5 minutes to 120 minutes.
- It has a current Amazon rating of 4.3 stars.
- The industrial-grade steel casing of the generator will extend its lifespan.
- It is easy to operate.
- We can assure you that it eliminates odors effectively.
- It also conserves energy.
10. Ozone Aqua-6 Ozone Generator
You can power this device in three ways. First, you can plug it into any standard outlet in your home. Also, you can plug it into any standard vehicle USB plug, or you can power it with its battery.
This is why you can go anywhere with it. Once you have this deodorizer, you are set for your hunting expedition.
Its high scent-crushing potency is worthy of commendation. It can eliminate odor in up to a 100 cubic feet area.
Weighing only 8.8 oz heightens its portability. Also, coming with an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars confirms that it is a high-quality product. It comes with a micro USB cable and a wall adapter power supply.
- This deodorizer has very high scent-crushing potency.
- Weighing only 8.8 oz makes it very portable.
- You can power it in your home, in your car, and with its battery.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.3 stars.
- It can eliminate odor in up to a 100 cubic feet area.
- This device is great for hunting.
- This air purifier comes with a micro USB cable.
- It also comes with a wall adapter power supply.
Is It Safe to Run an Ozone Generator?
First of all, let’s explain what an ozone generator is. Contrary to what you may be thinking, an ozone generator does not generate power like your standard generator. It actually generates ozone. And what does ozone do? It oxidizes air molecules around and kills odors.
Yes, it is safe to run an ozone generator. However, people with allergy issues can stay away from it. Ozone can cause irritation or sinuses for them. So, we advise that you run the generator when nobody is around. And after that, open the place up for ventilation.
That said, we can conclude that ozone generators are safe.
What Is an Ozone Generator Good For?
As explained above, it releases ozone (O3) into the air, and ozone attaches itself to every molecule in the air to oxidize them. These molecules disappear as they get oxidized. So, if there’s a foul smell in the air, the ozone will oxidize all the molecules of the smell and kill the odor gradually. The longer you generate ozone, the more you kill the smell.
Whenever there’s a nasty odor in your home, you can quickly turn on the ozone generator and release enough ozone into the air in your apartment. Some people use it to eliminate the smell of smoke after a fire. You can also use it for hunting.
Do Ozone Generators Work for Hunting?
Yes, they do. We, humans, have a distinct smell, and animals like deer can smell us hundreds of meters away. So, if you lay ambush for games, your effort might be futile because the animals could smell you from a distance and stay far away.
That’s why you can release ozone on your hunting clothes and on your body to kill the distinct smell. That way, games won’t be able to smell you from a long distance. Even if they eventually get to smell you, they would have come within a shooting distance.
However, it is believed that some animals may still be able to smell you even after basking in ozone. That’s probably because some animals have a super-strong sense of smell. Since most games won’t smell you after releasing ozone on your body, we can say that ozone generators work for hunting.
Can You Use an Ozone Generator in a Hunting Blind?
Do you know what a hunting blind is? It’s a hut or any enclosure in which you can hide while laying ambush for games. They won’t be able to see you in the blind, but they can still smell you. That’s why it may be a good idea to generate enough ozone inside the hunting blind.
So, the answer is yes, you can use an ozone generator in a hunting blind.
Does Ozone Smell Spook Deer?
The smell of ozone does not spook deer or other animals. It does not attract deer either. So, what does ozone smell do? It kills the human smell around to prevent deer, elk, or other games from smelling you afar off.
How Much Ozone Do I Need for Hunting Clothes?
We can’t really determine the amount of ozone you need for your hunting clothes. This is because its particles do not stay stagnant. However, we will advise you to leave your clothes in a room or an enclosure. Then continuously release ozone on it for at least one hour. This will help to kill off all the distinctive human smell from the clothes. If you have the time, you can run the ozone generator longer than one hour.How to Use an Ozone Generator for Hunting?
On how to use an ozone generator for hunting, there are several techniques involved, but we will talk about only two. The first one is very simple. Choose a spot where you want to lay ambush for your prey and hang an ozone generator around there.
If there is a tree nearby, you can hang it on the tree. The deodorizer will kill your body odor and prevent your prey from smelling you from far away.
If you prefer to move around, you can hang it on your body as you move around. Now, you know how to use an ozone generator for hunting. The second technique is to put your clothes and other hunting gear in a tote bag.
Cut a hole at the base of the bag. Run the ozone generator into the bag for about 30 minutes. The air will escape through the hole you cut at the base of the bag. This will kill all the scent in your hunting gear.
What Is The Best Portable Ozone Generator For Hunting?
The latest portable ozone generator for hunting is the Enerzen Ozone Generator. Here is why we chose this deodorizer as the best.
First, it comes with a rechargeable battery. So, you can use it anywhere. You can use it in your car, office, boat, RV, home, and in other places.
Weighing only 1.76 oz makes it the lightest ozone generator on this list. In spite of its small size, it can dish out at least 2mg of ozone in one hour. Also, we love its two working modes.
Despite its effectiveness, this device costs only $19.95, and this makes it the most cost-effective and affordable air purifier on our list. Therefore, we recommend it for you or anyone that is searching for an ozone generator.