Are you in need of a professionally designed generator that provides for your needs and also gives you the best value for your money? If that’s you, then it’s a good thing you’re reading this Review.
You may then find out that DuroStar DS4000S Gas Powered Portable Generator is the generator you’re looking for.
Why should you use DuroStar DS4000S Gas Powered Portable Generator?
You have a lot of reasons why you ought to use this DuroStar Gas Powered Portable Generator:
- The quality of the generator is extremely fine. This is very well made, and it will last for a very long time. The brand takes the “Duro” part of the name seriously. That’s why you have the safety measures in place and why the frame is so solid. They also have technical experts ready to help you out, and ironically this is because they won’t be too inundated with questions and complaints regarding the quality.
- It’s easy to use. It’s very simple, and even a teenager can handle this. The instructions are crystal clear and intuitive, and the safety measures offer protection if any wrong things happen. This model is easy to start and operate.
- The number of watts is great, as you have lots of options regarding the appliances you can use. Since you won’t normally use them all at once, this means you can really use a lot of those appliances. You can be comfortable and secure knowing you have some of these gadgets working, like your AC.
- It’s very quiet portable power generator. The design and the built-in muffler reduce the noise levels to about 69 decibels. That’s within the safe decibel levels for people so that they don’t suffer hearing loss.
So, this generator can be your best portable generator for home emergencies and outdoor camping because it works very well even in cold weather.
Product Benefits of Durostar DS4000s Portable Generator
- Ample wattage
- Safe to use
- Very easy to operate
- Quiet enough for sleeping
- Usable for campsites
- Useful for power tools
- Can run home emergency appliances
- EPA and CARB compliant
Negative Things of Durostar DS4000s Portable Generator
- Doesn’t have wheels
- No electric start
This is quite versatile, because it can be use for campsites, work sites, or for home backup. You have ample wattage for outdoor use to get comfy while camping.
Yet you can use this to power your emergency appliances in case of a power outage. It’s safe and easy to use. It’s well-built, and it will last you for a very long while.
This offers 3300 running watts and 4000 starting watts, and that’s a great middle ground that offers the most use for most people.
This offers more than the paltry number of watts you get from a tiny generator, which often is only good enough to recharge laptops and smartphones.
The watts here can be use to power more appliances, and that includes fridges and ACs. Yet the number of watts isn’t too high either.
That’s a good thing if you only want you power appliances for home emergencies or for camping. That means you don’t end up paying more money for extra watts that you don’t need to use.
This can be used for many appliances, even in case of a power outage at home. You can power your fridge, as well as the TV, the PC, and the fan to keep cool.
Yet it’s not too big that it’s only reserved for home backup use. The wattage is ample enough for a weekend with your RV.
A construction professional can also bring this to a worksite so that they can use their power tools to keep the work going.
CARB and EPA Compliance
California has always been a bit stricter when it comes to various appliances that are allowed in the state. That’s why they have CARB, which stands for the California Air Resources Board.
Their guidelines delineate the rules regarding how the generator must not emit too much harmful gasses into the atmosphere.
You may have noticed that some generators are non-CARB compliant, and they’re only for sale to residents of 49 states. But ask yourself—isn’t a generator that minimizes emitting harmful gasses a good thing?
The same goes for the EPA guidelines. The EPA is tasked to protect the environment, and it’s also tasked to monitor noise complaints too. If your generator is EPA compliant, then it can be used even in US national parks.
Using the Generator while Sleeping
This has a 4-gallon gas tank, and at 50% load it’s enough to work for 8 hours straight without having to refuel. This means you can get a full night’s sleep and you can be sure the generator is still running in the morning.
It won’t be too noisy to disturb your sleep either. It has a quiet muffler to minimize the noise. It’s also designed for smooth and quiet operations. It simply won’t be too much of a ruckus come bedtime.
Isn’t it a bit dangerous to let it operate while everyone is sleeping? Not really. This model has a circuit breaker to prevent any damage to your electronics if you overload the generator.
It also has an automatic low oil shutdown to prevent damage to the generator. There’s a spark arrest or too.
In the morning, you can check on it by glancing at the power panel. This has a warning light if your oil is running low, and it has a volt meter too. Basically, all you need to do is to make sure you have enough oil and gasoline and you’ll be alright.
1. What fuel does this use?
It uses gasoline.
2. How long is the warranty?
It’s for 1 year.
3. How much does it weigh?
It’s not too heavy at 102 pounds, though it’s better if 2 people carry it.
This is a great portable generator that you can rely on for campsite or home emergency use. As this DuroStar Portable Generator Review has shown, it’s simple and safe, and it should offer you no trouble at all.