Boats have been around for centuries, but the kind of boats manufactured these days is more sophisticated. People want to enjoy homely comfort in their boats or yacht.
So, these boats come with many appliances like TV sets, air conditioners, microwave ovens, coffee makers, and more. All these appliances have one thing in common. They all need power to work.
Of course, you can put a generator above the deck, but you’ll need a lot of fuel to run a generator. Besides, it makes a whole lot of noise. You can place a noisy generator far away from you when you are at the shore, not when the boat is sailing on the water.
That means you’ll have to cope with the noise of your generator. Another problem with a generator is that it gives off harmful gases, and so do all machines that run on fuel. These problems led to the manufacture of marine inverter chargers.
They don’t run on fuel, they operate silently, and they don’t emit harmful gases. We don’t need to tell you that such a useful invention will have very high demand. Right now, there are many brands and models of marine inverter chargers in the market. People have been asking us for the best boat inverter charger on the market.
We have answered them in this report. There are reviews of the top marine inverter chargers. As our final verdict, we pointed out the best of them all. So, you can choose the one we adjudged to be the best, or choose any other one on this list. Let’s begin the review right away.
Top 10 Best Selling Products:
|Xantrex 49PWR-CL, 806-1210 Marine Inverter||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Rally Marine Grade 400W Power Inverter||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Xantrex Technology 26005 Inc||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Xantrex 815-3012 Freedom SW Series||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Go Power! GP-5000HD Inverter for Boat||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|ProMariner 02012 True Power 2000PS||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Tripp Lite Power Marine Inverter||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|GoWISE Power PS1003 Pure Sine Wave||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Cantonape 1500W Marine Inverter||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|IpowerBingo Best Inverter for Boat||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Our Picks of 10 Best Marine Inverter Chargers:
1. Rally Marine Grade 400W Power Inverter
This marine inverter outputs 400 watts continuously and peaks at 800 watts. 400 watts should be enough to power several appliances on your boat. The circuit boards and clips are highly resistant to rust and corrosion.You have two AC outlets to power bigger appliances and two USB ports to charge smaller devices like your smartphones and tablets.
The unit is protected from overloads and overheating. Also, it has a low-battery auto-shutdown feature. The unit goes off whenever the battery is low, thereby protecting your appliances. We also love its LED status indicator for fault and power conditions. In addition to that, there is a built-in area light.
Its pack includes a power cord and battery clips. The product is backed up with a 2-year limited warranty. Despite its huge power output, it weighs only 1.88 pounds. An Amazon rating of 3.0 stars wraps it up.
- This inverter charger gives 400 watts continuously.
- Its peak is 800 watts.
- Weighing 1.88 pounds makes it very light.
- An Amazon rating of 3.0 stars confirms that it is a good inverter charger.
- It works silently and does not require any fuel.
- That’s why it does not give off any fume.
- It has a 2-year limited warranty.
- The inverter has protection for overloading and overheating.
- It shuts down automatically when the battery is low.
- We love its LED status indicator.
2. Xantrex 49PWR-CL, 806-1210 Marine Inverter
Xantrex is known to be one of the best inverter manufacturers, and it has lived up to its name with this inverter because it is the best on our list. The continuous output of 2,000 watts and a surge power of 3,000 watts are the reasons we adjudged the inverter as the best. The wattage is enough to power numerous appliances at the same time.
Its digital display unit will give you the necessary information about its voltage. It has a couple of AC outlets and USB ports for smaller devices. When the voltage becomes too low for any reason, it will shut itself down to protect your appliances.
In addition, it is protected from high voltage, overloads, and overheating too. It weighs only 1.59 pounds. Also, its Amazon rating of 3.8 stars is fair. You can be sure of its durability as well. Considering its weight, we don’t have to remind you of its durability.
- This is the best inverter charger on our list.
- It dishes out 2,000 watts continuously.
- The unit has a peak wattage of 3,000 watts.
- It is very portable.
- The weight of 1.59 pounds makes it almost weightless.
- It has an Amazon rating of 3.8 stars.
- There are a couple of AC outlets.
- It also has USB ports for smaller devices.
- Some of its users have confirmed its durability.
- The inverter has protection for low voltage, high voltage, overloads, and overheating.
3. Xantrex Technology 26005 Inc, Marine Inverter Charger
We love its ventilated casing and its automatic 3-stage battery charger. Another unique feature of this inverter is the power-sharing feature. This feature prevents the source AC input circuit breaker from tripping. This inverter shuts down when the voltage is very low, and this protects your appliances. The unit weighs 55 pounds, and it has an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars.
A user confirmed that he has been using it for more than a decade. To us, the statement means that the unit is durable. The product is sold with a 30-month warranty in some select stores. You will love its safety features. The unit is protected from short circuits, overloads, overheating, high voltage, and low voltage.
- This inverter weighs about 55 pounds.
- It has a multi-stage battery.
- This inverter can serve you for more than ten years.
- An Amazon rating of 4.2 stars makes it a fantastic product.
- It comes with a 30-month warranty in some select stores.
- The unit has been protected from short circuits.
- It is has protection for high and low voltage.
- The casing is well-ventilated for adequate airflow.
4. Xantrex 815-3012 Freedom SW Series 3000 Watt Inverter/Charger
This is the third Xantrex charger on this list. It is a clear indication that the brand runs the industry. A 3,000 watts output should be enough to power your appliances. Its peak output current is 80 Amps. A major part of the casing has been perforated for an adequate flow of air. This keeps overheating out of the equation.
One unique feature of this inverter charge is its capability to charge extremely drained batteries. You can use this inverter for your RV, boat, and work van. It can also serve you at home. This unit can transfer AC loads to batteries in less than 10 milliseconds. This means that when the grid is lost, the unit will switch to batteries very fast that you may not notice the transition.
Even your appliances may not feel the transition as well. This is why we recommend this unit for recording studios. The device weighs 69.2 pounds, and it has an Amazon rating of 4.3 stars. We can assure you of the durability of this inverter charger. Also, we found out that it is protected from overloads, short circuit, overheating, high voltage, and low voltage.
- This inverter outputs 3,000 watts.
- Its peak output current is 80 Amps.
- The casing of the charger is well-ventilated.
- It transitions from the grid to batteries very fast.
- The charger weighs 69.2 pounds.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.3 stars.
- The inverter charger is very rugged and durable.
- It has several safety features.
5. Go Power! GP-5000HD 5000-Watt Inverter for Boat
What we noticed first is that this inverter charger has four AC outlets and a single USB port, and that’s fine. It is also well-ventilated like the others. You can get a continuous power output of 3,000 watts from this device. By virtue of its design, you can easily hook it up to a battery.
Its low battery alarm will alert you when the battery is running low. If you don’t do anything about it, the unit will shut down to protect the battery and your appliances. In addition, it is protected from overloads, overheating, short circuits, and high voltage. The device comes with a 1-year warranty.
The weight of 10.54 pounds adds to its portability. Also, its current Amazon rating is 3.4 stars, and that confirms that users enjoy the product.
- The inverter is durable.
- It produces no fume and noise.
- You can use any of its four AC outlets.
- It also has a USB port.
- The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on it.
- A weight of 10.54 pounds is perfect.
- It has an Amazon rating of 3.4 stars.
- You can get 3,000 watts continuously from this unit.
6. ProMariner 02012 True Power 2000PS Marine Inverter Charger
This is another fully automatic battery charger and inverter. It transitions from the grid to batteries lightning fast. The casing of the inverter charger is well-ventilated. Although it is protected from overheating, this has zero chances of occurring. In addition, it is also protected from overloads, low voltage, and high voltage.
Weighing only 45 pounds makes it a portable inverter, and you can easily take it around. Its input amperage is up to 200A, and its output amperage is 18.2A. Giving you a continuous wattage of 2,000 watts and peak wattage of 6,000 watts are other good reasons to consider this inverter charger.
Any inverter that can output 2,000 watts is a fantastic inverter in whatever terms you want to put it. Nothing confirms this better than its current Amazon rating. You wanna guess what it is? No, it is not 4-point-something stars. It is 5.0 stars! Do you doubt it? Well, there’s only one way to confirm our opinion or prove us wrong. Buy and use it.
- This inverter charger dishes out 2,000 watts continuously.
- You will also get peak wattage of 6,000 watts from this power generator.
- It weighs 45 pounds.
- This workhorse has protection for high voltage, low voltage, and overloads.
- It is also protected from overheating.
- An Amazon rating of 5.0 stars is perfect.
- Its input amperage is up to 200A.
- This piece of equipment is very durable.
7. Tripp Lite Power Marine Inverter, 2000W
This is another inverter charger that outputs 2,000 watts continuously. With that wattage, you can power virtually all kinds of equipment in your home, office, work van, RV, and of course, in your boat/yacht. Also, its peak wattage is impressive. 4,000 watts should be enough to start any machine. The case of this one is also ventilated, and it has a cooling fan.
With two AC outlets, you can power all your appliances and small devices. Also, this product has a 1-year warranty even though you may not need the warranty because of its toughness and durability. We also found out that this device has all the necessary safety features like protection from overloads, short circuits, high voltage, low voltage, and overheating.
It is very easy to use, especially because it does not require any assembly. A weight of 42 pounds is great for an inverter that outputs 2,000 watts continuously. Also, its Amazon rating is impressive. A rating of 4.6 stars says it all.
- This unit has a well-ventilated casing.
- To keep the heat at bay, it also has a big cooling fan.
- The best feature of this inverter charger is a running wattage of 2,000 watts.
- Backing it up with a peak of 4,000 watts is simply awesome.
- You can power your appliances through its pair of AC outlets.
- We also need to tell you that it has a 1-year warranty.
- It weighs only 42 pounds, and that makes it portable.
- An Amazon rating of 4.6 stars confirms its class.
8. GoWISE Power PS1003 Pure Sine Wave Inverter for Boat
This inverter charger comes with three AC sockets and one USB port. Like the inverter reviewed above, this one also offers a continuous wattage of 2,000 watts, and it peaks at 4,000 watts. Also, it comes with a remote switch.
This inverter is suitable for power failure emergencies and for powering your appliances in locations where there is no grid electricity. To prevent overheating, it has a well-ventilated casing and a cooling fan. Having five types of protection is a good reason to put this product at the top of your consideration list.
It is protected from overheating, overloads, high voltage, low voltage, and short circuit. Once the voltage drops below a safe threshold, its low-voltage alarm will go off before it shuts down. As powerful as this inverter is, can you guess what is weight will be? Did you say about 40 pounds?
You are wrong. It is way lighter than that. Take a second guess. You are wrong again. It is not 30-something pounds. Its weight is even lighter than 20 pounds. It weighs 12 pounds! With such weight, you can take it around easily. So, portability is another quality of this inverter.
- This inverter charger gives 2,000 watts continuously.
- And it also offers 4,000 watts as its peak.
- You can tap into the power through its three AC outlets.
- And you can also charge your mobile devices through its USB port.
- It weighs 12 pounds.
- Having an Amazon rating of 4.0 stars means users love it.
- It has a cooling fan.
- The unit has all the necessary safety features.
9. Cantonape 1500W Pure Sine Wave Power Marine Inverter
This unit has two standard AC outlets. It comes with two different digital display units. One is for battery voltage, and the other is for AC output voltage. In addition to that, it has an LED indicator. It also has an intelligent cooling fan whose speed depends on how hot the unit is. The higher the temperature, the higher the speed of the fan.
It provides 1,500 watts continuously and peak wattage of 3,000 watts. It also comes with four extra fuses for additional protection. Another outstanding feature of the unit is its six kinds of protection. It is protected from overload, short circuit, overheating, reverse polarity, low voltage, and high voltage. These features will keep your batteries and appliances safe. On top of that, it is backed with a 1-year warranty.
A weight of 6.4 pounds makes this unit one of the lightest ones within its range. Also, it has an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars.
- This inverter weighs 6.4 pounds.
- It has double digital display units.
- The inverter outputs 1,500 watts continuously.
- It has peak wattage of 3,000 watts.
- A 1-year warranty is commendable.
- It has a smart cooling fan.
- There are two AC outlets.
- It has up to six safety features.
10. IpowerBingo Best Inverter for Boat
This inverter gives you 1,200 watts continuously. And it also has peak wattage of 2,400 watts. The unit is reliable enough to be your backup power.
You can power your appliances through its two AC outlets. Also, it has two digital display units for input and output voltage all the time.
The unit is protected from high voltage, low voltage, reverse polarity, short circuits, overloads, overcharging, and overheating.
Also, it is very durable. It also has a smart cooling fan that keeps it cool all the time. This product weighs 4.87 pounds and it has an Amazon rating of 3.7 stars.
- The device outputs 1,200 watts continuously.
- It also has a peak output of 2,400 watts.
- Weighing 4.87 pounds makes it light.
- It has an Amazon rating of 3.7 stars.
- Its cooling fan keeps it cool.
- You can power your appliances with its AC outlets.
- There are two digital display units for input and output voltage.
- It has several safety features to protect your batteries and equipment.
How Does a Marine Inverter Charger Work?
Why do you even need a marine inverter charger? The answer is simple. If you plan to enjoy some household electrical appliances while on the water while in your boat, you need a source of electricity to power the appliances. Yes, a generator may be a good idea, but what if you run out of fuel? This is where a marine inverter charger comes in.
The marine inverter charger converts the DC power in the batteries into AC that can be used to power standard appliances installed on the boats. Some of the appliances are a TV set, a DVD player, a small fridge, a coffee maker, and more.
But that’s the task of an ordinary marine inverter. Yes, but an inverter charger does more. It also converts AC into DC power to charge the deep cycle batteries. That’s why it is called an inverter charger. So, a marine inverter charger is a combination of an inverter and a marine battery charger fused into a single device.
Let’s go a little deeper. A marine inverter (charger) takes 12V or 24V DC current and increases the voltage by 10 times. So, it outputs 120V/240V AC current.
Can You Use a Marine Battery with an Inverter?
Yes, of course. You can easily use a marine battery with an inverter. In fact, it is the best way to convert the DC current in the battery to AC current that can power most household electrical appliances. Furthermore, marine batteries come in different capacities. You need to choose the right inverter for the capacity of your marine battery.
Marine Inverter Charger Wiring:
Step 1 – To wire a marine inverter charger, you need to start by drawing a layout or a plan. You don’t want to get stuck halfway. Figure out where you’ll place the inverter charger, where you’ll place the battery, and where you’ll place the other items, so that they won’t obstruct your movement around the boat.
Step 2 – Place your battery in the best position according to your plan.
Step 3 – Install the marine inverter charger.
Step 4 – Connect the DC power supply unit to the inverter charger.
Step 5 – Connect the inverter charger to the positive battery terminal.
Step 6 – Connect the negative battery terminal to the DC current supplier.
Step 7 – Connect the inverter charger to the DC supply unit too.
Step 8 – Link the AC supply unit to the inverter charger.
Step 9 – Link the AC supply unit to the DC supply unit too.
Step 10 – Add AC ground to avoid shock.
Step 11 – Add system ground to avoid AC faults.
Step 12 – Add DC ground to chassis to avoid fire.
And that’s all. However, if you have never tried such before, it is better and smarter to hire a professional for the job. You can’t use the trial and error method for electrical tasks. If you get it wrong, the consequences may be serious.
What Is the Difference Between Inverter and Inverter Charger?
The difference is simple. A regular inverter simply converts the DC battery from the battery into AC power and sends it to the connected appliances. On the other hand, an inverter charger does the work of an inverter and adds another task. In addition to converting DC battery power to AC current, it is also connected to the AC power unit so that it can continuously charge the battery or batteries whenever AC power is restored.
How to Reset a Xantrex Inverter?
When it comes to how to reset Xantrex inverter, there are some basic steps involved. You must follow the steps accordingly. Don’t worry if you don’t know the steps. You can find them, right below.
1. First Step
You must first switch off the circuit breaker in the service panel. The breaker is usually marked solar PV or solar. If you don’t know what a circuit breaker is, you can seek help from an expert.
2. Second Step
The next step is to switch off the DC Disconnect. Some inverters also have an integrated DC Disconnect switch. Turn it off too.
3. Third Step
Wait for the inverter to drain off its energy before you take the next step. This should not take more than 5 minutes.
4. Fourth Step
Now, you can restart the inverter and turn on the circuit breaker. You should also turn on the AC Disconnect. This will allow the internal circuits to prepare the DC input.
The inverter will now start to power up and carry out its internal check before it gets reconnected to the grid. Don’t worry; it won’t take more than 5 minutes. Now you know how to reset Xantrex inverter.
What is the Best Power Inverter Charger For Boat?
The latest marine inverter charger is the Xantrex 49PWR-CL, 806-1210 Marine Inverter. First of all, it dishes out 2,000 watts continuously. Only very few inverter chargers can output such wattage.
With such an amount of power, you can run all the appliances in your home or office. In spite of how powerful it is, the inverter is also the lightest on our list. You can easily move around with your power bank.
Also, it has several AC outlets and USB ports. We also need to tell you about its durability as some of its users confirmed that they have been using theirs for several years. Most importantly, the inverter is protected from low voltage, high voltage, overloads, and overheating.
So, based on the features listed above, we recommend this inverter charger to you and everybody. We are sure that you’ll enjoy it. However, if you can’t afford it, you can choose any other inverter on this list. They are all fantastic products.