Apart from a temporary power outage in homes, there are several reasons why people need other sources of power supply. A lot of people love camping in the woods where there’s no electricity.
They need alternative power supplies. Also, some other people own RVs, and they are always on the road. This category of people also needs a power supply to operate the appliances in their motor-home.
Some people have powerful work tools with which they work on different sites. They need to power these tools wherever they go. Hence, they need a constant power supply.
Due to its numerous advantages, many people are now shifting to inverters. We love inverters too. Inverters come in different sizes and capacities. They also vary in features and costs. We want you to get the best inverter your money can buy, so we decided to do the heavy lifting for you.
Our team members went into the market to get as many inverters as possible. It took us several months to test each of them because we don’t rely on only what manufacturers tell us.
After testing all the devices ourselves, we also checked user reviews on them all. Now, we have outlined the best 12-volt to 110-volt inverter for you. In choosing them, we considered the following:
- How portable they are.
- Their Amazon rating.
- Ease of use.
- How much power do they output.
- How safe they are.
At the end of the review, we recommended the best among them. However, we want you to bear in mind that the other nine inverters are great too. They are fantastic products. So, let’s get down to business immediately.
Our Picks of 10 Best 12 Volt Power Inverters:
1. Wagan Black EL3748 12 volt Inverter with Remote Control
An essential feature of an inverter is the amount of power it can generate. So, we are glad that this inverter gives a running wattage of 10,000 watts and 20,000 watts of surge power.
We also noticed that it is smaller and lighter than older models. Its remote power switch is for convenience. Also, it has up to four AC outlets.
The device is protected from reverse polarity, short circuits, overheating, and overload. You can monitor the amount of power it has left through its LED indicator gauges.
Also, its thermal cooling fan ensures that it is always cool. It sometimes restarts itself when necessary. The device is CE and RoHS-complaint.
It weighs only 23.6 pounds, and it has an Amazon rating of 3.3 stars. We used it for 48 hours non-stop, and it withstood the pressure. That indicates its high level of toughness and durability.
- This inverter has a running wattage of 10,000 watts.
- It also offers 20,000 watts surge power.
- The unit is certified by RoHS and CE.
- A thermal cooling fan makes sure it is always cool.
- It can run for 24 hours without rest.
- Weighing only23.6 pounds makes it light and portable.
- An Amazon rating of 3.3 stars is fair.
- The device is tough and durable.
- It has a remote power switch.
- The inverter is protected from overload, reverse polarity, and short circuits.
2. XWJNE 1500 Watts Power Inverter 12V
As for this inverter, it offers a running wattage of 4,000 watts and peak wattage of 8,000 watts. A combination of two AC outlets and two USB ports should be able to power all your appliances.
We were glad to find free 3-foot gauge battery cables in its pack. It is also essential to tell you of its safety features. The device is protected from short circuits, high temperatures, and overload.
Also, its LCD display unit shows the battery level, output wattage, and input voltage. This inverter is enough to power your gaming consoles, TV, microwave, other home appliances, and your work tools.
The power generator was tested and approved by MET for safety and performance. The device weighs only 14.13 pounds. Currently, it has an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars. Another great feature of this device is its 2-year manufacturer warranty.
If you love this product but do not need up to 4,000 watts, you can get a lower capacity. It also comes in 3,000 watts, 2,000 watts, 1,500 watts, 1100 watts, and 500 watts capacities.
- This device has a running wattage of 4,000 watts.
- It also offers peak wattage of 8,000 watts.
- You will have two AC outlets and two USB ports on its side panel.
- Its pack comes with 3-foot battery cables.
- Buyers will enjoy its 2-year warranty.
- Its LCD screen shows battery level, input voltage, and output voltage.
- It is approved by MET for performance and safety.
- The product has an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars.
3. Tripp Lite 12 Volt Power Industrial Inverter
What we always try to find out first is the power output of the inverter. This heavy-duty inverter has a running wattage of 2,000 watts and a peak output of 4,000 watts.
You can plug your appliance into any of its two AC outlets. Also, it has a DC fusing, and this protects the inverter from overload. The device is backed up with a 1-year warranty.
When you mistakenly overload the inverter, it will shut down immediately, and the load level indicator will flash to alert you. This inverter weighs 42 pounds, and it has a current Amazon rating of 4.6 stars.
- The device runs on 2,000 watts.
- It has peak wattage of 4,000 watts for equipment that requires a lot of power to start up.
- It has a couple of AC outlets,
- The power generator will shut down when overloaded.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- A weight of 42 pounds isn’t bad at all.
- Also, it has an Amazon rating of 4.6 stars.
- The device is tough and rugged.
4. Krieger 2000 Watt 12V Power Inverter
This device gives 2,000 watts and 4,000 watts as its running and peak wattages, respectively. You can connect it to the battery of your vehicle with DC battery cables and have power on the go. The device also has a remote control.
The best part is that this device has several safety features. It is protected from short circuits, high temperature, low/high voltage, and overload.
The pack also comes with fuse kit and 3-foot battery cables. There’s an LCD screen that displays the battery level, output voltage, and input voltage.
We are also glad to inform you that MET has certified the inverter for safety and performance. Also, it has a 3-year part and labor warranty.
You know what that means? When anything goes wrong with your inverter within the first three years of purchasing it, the faulty part will be given to you and also installed free of charge.
Also, it has a thermal fan that keeps it silent and cool. We feel that a weight of 9.75 pounds is fair for this device. In addition, its current Amazon rating of 4.5 stars is great.
- This device has been approved by MET.
- It comes with a pair of 3-foot battery cables.
- The inverter is protected from short circuits and overloads.
- It is also protected from high temperature and low/high voltage.
- There’s an LCD screen that displays voltage and battery level.
- You will enjoy its 3-year warranty.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- A weight of 9.75 pounds is great.
- Its running wattage is 2,000 watts.
- Also, its peak wattage is 4,000 watts.
5. POTEK 5000W 12 Volt Power Inverter
You will love this inverter’s output. First off, we found its running 5,000 watts very impressive. Also, its peak wattage of 10,000 watts is great. Also, with two USB ports and four AC outlets, you should be able to power all your appliances at once.
We feel that this inverter is ideal for homes, offices, and even RVs. With its wattage, it can power your coffee maker, air compressor, refrigerator, and other powerful appliances.
Also, it is protected from short circuits, overheating, high/low voltage, and overload. So, the device is safe.
The inverter is quiet because it has a smart cooling fan. We also found some car battery cables in its pack. The device weighs only 22.5 pounds, and it has an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars.
- This inverter offers 5,000 running watts.
- It also offers a peak of 10,000 watts.
- You will find six car battery cables in its pack.
- The device has four AC outlets.
- Also, it has two USB ports.
- It weighs only 22.5 pounds.
- Users have given it an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars.
- It is protected against high voltage, low voltage, short circuits, and overload.
6. GIANDEL 5000W Heavy Duty 12 Volt Power Inverter
A combination of 5,000 watts and 10,000 peak watts is always a joker because only very few inverters can match that. This is why we love this product.
Also, another dazzling combination of this power station is one of four AC outlets and two USB ports.
To cap it all up, it has a remote control that makes it possible for you to control it from a distance. We also found some battery cables in its pack.
You will love its smart cooling fan that keeps the inverter silent. Also, like many of our chosen inverters, it has been protected from reverse polarity, overheating, short circuits, high/low voltage, and overload.
This one also has a cooling fan that keeps the system cool and silent. The device has an 18-month warranty. Also, we think a weight of 22 pounds is great. Finally, the product has an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars.
- We love its running wattage of 5,000 watts.
- It also has 10,000 peak watts.
- The inverter weighs only 22 pounds, and that’s perfect.
- You will also love its 18-month warranty.
- An Amazon rating of 4.2 stars is great.
- You can control it from a distance with its remote control.
- You will love its AC outlets and USB ports.
- It also has numerous safety features.
7. WZRELB 3000Watt Pure Sine Wave Car Power Inverter 12V
A running wattage of 3,000 watts and peak wattage of 6,000 watts are the selling points of this inverter. In addition, this device has dual AC outlets, and direct connect AC terminal block are other attractive features of this device.
However, the most dazzling features of this inverter are its seven safety features. The device has been protected against power surge, short circuits, low voltage, high voltage, overheating, overload, and reverse polarity.
So, the inverter hardly develops any fault. We also love its 1-year warranty. In addition to the attractive features of this device, the brand has a great customer service team.
Weighing 12 pounds makes the inverter one of the lightest in the market. Imagine; this is a 12-pound inverter that can output up to 6,000 watts. It is quite amazing. The inverter is a product of human innovation and creativity. Its Amazon rating is 4.6 stars.
- This device weighs only 12 pounds.
- It gives a running wattage of 3,000 watts.
- You will also love its peak wattage of 6,000 watts.
- It has a 1-year warranty.
- An Amazon rating of4.6 stars is great.
- The device is rugged and tough.
- It is protected against low/high voltage, overheating, and overload.
- The device is also protected against power surge and reverse polarity.
- The brand has a friendly customer service team.
8. 2000Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter 12V
If you go for this inverter, you will get peak wattage of 4,000 watts and a running wattage of 2,000 watts. Also, it has two AC outlets and two USB ports.
The inverter comes with a remote control, so you can conveniently operate it from a distance.
You can monitor its input and output voltage from its LCD screen. Its AC outlets work with dual voltage (110V/120V). You will also find two pairs of battery cables in its package.
Like all other selected inverters, this device is protected from high temperature, over-current, overload, short circuits, and low/high voltage.
It also has a cooling fan that prevents it from getting too hot. The device weighs only 12.4 pounds. Also, it has an Amazon rating of 4.6 stars.
- This device offers peak wattage of 4,000 watts.
- It also has a running wattage of 2,000 watts.
- The inverter has two AC outlets.
- Two USB ports.
- It weighs only 12.4 pounds.
- The device comes with a pair of battery cables.
- An Amazon rating of 4.6 stars is just perfect.
- Its LCD screen displays both input and output voltage.
9. LVYUAN Pure Sine Wave 12V Power Inverter
This device will give you a running wattage of 1,500 watts and a peak wattage of 3,000 watts. It is already protected from high voltage, low voltage, reverse polarity, and overload.
Also, its cooling fan protects it from overheating. Once the temperature of the inverter gets too high, the cooling fan will kick in. A weight of 4.96 pounds makes it the lightest power bank on this list.
Also, it has both LCD and LED screens. One shows the input voltage, while the other shows the output voltage.
In addition, its package comes with some battery cables and a replacement fuse. It has an Amazon rating of 3.4 stars.
- You will get a running wattage of 1,500 watts.
- The inverter also offers peak wattage of 3,000 watts.
- Its cooling fan prevents it from getting too hot.
- A weight of 4.96 pounds makes this inverter the lightest on our list.
- A current Amazon rating of 3.4 stars is fair.
- It displays both input and output voltage through its LCD/LED screens.
- The inverter comes with some battery cables.
- It also comes with a replacement fuse.
10. Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter 3000Watt DC 12 Volt
This device will power your appliances with running and peak wattages of 3,000 watts and 6,000 watts, respectively. Also, it has an LCD screen that displays both input and output voltage.
In addition, it comes with a pair of 2-foot battery cables. You can power it on or off with a remote control, and this adds to its convenience.
It is already protected from high voltage, low voltage, reverse polarity, and overload. In addition, it is shockproof and also resistant to high temperature because its cooling fan will continue to reduce its temperature.
- You will like its 3,000 running watts.
- It also has 6,000 peak watts.
- The inverter weighs only 16 pounds.
- You will also love its 18-month warranty.
- An Amazon rating of 3.8 stars is fair.
- You can switch it on or off with a remote control.
- It has both AC outlets and USB ports.
- This inverter is protected from overload, and it has other safety features.
How Long Will a 12V Battery Last With a 1500-Watt Inverter?
How long a battery lasts depends on three factors – the voltage of the battery, the depth of discharge, and the efficiency of the battery. According to the question, it is a 12V battery. So, the voltage of the battery is 12 volts. Since a 12V lithium iron phosphate battery has a regular depth of discharge of about 80%, we’ll use 80% for the calculation.
Also, a typical pure sine wave inverter efficiency is 95%. Now, let’s begin the calculation.
80/100 x 1500 watt-hours = 1200 watt-hours.
Divide 1200 watt-hours by 1000 watts.
1200 watt-hours/1000 watts = 1.2 hours (72 minutes).
Remember, the battery has an efficiency of 95%.
So, 95/100 x 1.2 hours = 1.14 hours or 1 hour and 8 minutes.
This means that a 12V battery will last for about 1 hour and 8 minutes with a 1500-watt inverter.
What Can a 12V Inverter Run?
When you match a 12V inverter with a 12V battery, it can run the following list of appliances.
- 25-inch TV – 175 watts
- 40-inch Fan – 1100 watts
- Blender – 400 watts
- Cell Phone – 24 watts
- Circular Saw – 1250 watts
- Coffee Maker – 800 watts
- Computer and Monitor – 400 watts
- DVD Player – 40 watts
- iPod – 120 watts
- Jig Saw – 350 watts
- Laptop – 60 to 90 watts
- Microwave – 1250 watts
- Pressing Iron – 1000 watts
- Printer – 75 watts
- PS/Xbox – 125 watts
- Refrigerator – 500 watts
- Satellite Dish – 75 watts
- Space Heater – 1000 watts
- Toaster – 1200 watts
- Vacuum Cleaner – 750 watts
- VCR – 50 watts
How Long Can You Run a 12V Inverter?
The answer depends on the power in the battery. Remember that when the sun goes down, the inverter will draw power from the batteries to power your appliances. This power was stored when the sun was shining. So, as long as the battery has power, the inverter will continue to work. It only stops working when your battery runs out of power, and the solar panels are yet to start generating DC current.
How Many Watts Can a 12V Inverter Handle?
This simply depends on the power rating of the inverter. All inverters have power ratings from 50 watts up to 50,000 watts. In fact, some larger inverters can handle even a higher wattage, but it is rare to come across such inverters. You’ll often find the rating written on the body of the inverter. That’s the maximum wattage it can handle.
How Much Does a 12 Volt Inverter Cost?
Inverters come at various prices depending on their sizes and brands. Many of them cost between $1000 and $2000. And some even cost much more. It is better to check the prices of your preferred inverter on Amazon, Walmart, eBay, and other online stores before you pick the best deal.
How Do I Choose a 12 Volt Inverter?
Before you purchase an inverter, you must calculate how much power you need. Find out the total power demand during a power outage. You also need to determine the duration you want the inverter to run. After that, you’ll need to multiply the two figures. Then, you’ll divide it by 12 since you’re dealing with a 12V inverter. The answer will be your battery capacity.
Now, you’ll choose an inverter that can handle the battery capacity. One more thing – it’s a good practice to check the reviews of your chosen inverter before paying for it. Reading reviews helps you learn more about the product. More so, you may be able to avoid common mistakes with that particular inverter if you take the time to read at least five reviews of the inverter
How Much is a Power Inverter?
People often ask us how much is a power inverter? Unfortunately, there is no straight answer to that seemingly simple question. This is because there are so many brands and models of inverters in the market right now, but they come at different prices.
We have been reviewing inverters for several years now. By virtue of our experience, we can say that certain factors determine the price of an inverter.
1. Output Capacity
No factor influences the price of an inverter more than its output capacity. The higher the output, the higher the price will be, with other factors being equal.
This actually means that an inverter that generates 5,000 watts will be more expensive than the one that outputs 3,000 watts if all other factors are equal.
2. Brand Popularity
The popularity of a brand can also influence the price of an inverter. Products from established brands cost more. For instance, Pure Sine Wave is a popular brand in the inverter industry.
So, if an inverter of Pure Sine Wave has the same features with an inverter from an obscure brand, the one from Pure Sine Wave is likely to cost more.
3. Safety Features
Some inverters have more safety features than others. The more safety features it has, the more expensive it will be. Consequently, the inverter that has been protected from overload and high voltage should be more expensive than the one whose only safety feature is resistance to high voltage.
Age of the inverter plays a role too. A model that has been tested and trusted will cost more than a new inverter model. That being said, we want to state categorically that the prices of inverters begin from a little over $100.
Nevertheless, if anyone says how much is a power inverter? Just tell them that the prices vary widely and that the prices are influenced by certain factors/features.
The varying prices of inverters are the reason we encourage people to do price check/comparison before they place an order.
How to Connect a Power Inverter to Your House?
The first thing to do is to place the inverter exactly where you want to use it. Place it somewhere around your home. Then, you can plug the inverter generator to the hookup socket.
You can link the power box that feeds your entire home to the inverter with a generator cable. The cable will have a socket that will go into one of the AC outlets of your inverter.
After that, you can start the engine and switch your power system from the grid supply to the gen-set. Once you do that, your entire apartment will get power from the gen.
It is as simple as that. However, you need an inverter expert to run some wires in your home for an inverter generator. It is as simple as that.
What Is the Best 12-Volt Battery Inverter?
After checking the features of the latest 12-volt inverters, we all agreed that the Energizer 4000 Watt 12 Volt Power Inverter is the best 12-volt power inverter because of its superior features.
We believe that its running wattage of 4,000 watts should be able to power all your appliances at home, in your office, or in your RV.
Also, its peak wattage of 8,000 watts should be able to start up most power-hungry appliances and tools.It has both AC outlets and USB ports, so you can use it to power some appliances and also charge your mobile devices at the same time.
You don’t have to bother about its safety since MET has approved it for safety and performance. It means the inverter does not pose any risk. You can also monitor its input and output voltage from its LCD screen. The inverter is packed with some 3-foot battery cables.
A current Amazon rating of 4.2 stars says it all. On top of these features, this inverter comes with a 2-year warranty.
So, what else are you looking for in an inverter that this product does not have? Nothing!! So, you will agree that it is the top 12-volt power inverter among the ten of them. We highly recommend it.