Most of the appliances and tools that make our lives easier run on electricity. If your appliances don’t run on electricity directly, they will need electricity to charge their batteries. If you look at your office and your home, you will realize that only very few units are not dependent on power.
Now, the world is shifting from fuel-powered vehicles to electric cars to make the environment safer. So, the indispensability of power in our lives is clear.
Unfortunately, power is not always available from the grid. This is why we all look for alternative ways to get constant power.
We all look for power for different reasons. Some people need it for their home appliances. Some other people need it to run their offices. Also, other people need power for their work vans, boats, or RVs. We did this review because of the last category of people.
We have done a review of the best inverters for home appliances. Our team has also done the review for the best inverters for camping.
Now, this one is for people who need an inverter for their work van. The inverters in this review will power the appliances in your mobile office easily.
We didn’t just handpick these power stations. Our team went into different online and offline stores to order them after weeks of research.
You can’t imagine how many inverters we tested before we were able to trim the list down to the best ten inverters in this review. We know you can’t wait to see the inverters. You bet we can’t wait to share them as well. So, let’s get straight to business right away.
Top 10 Power Inverter for Work Van – Find The Right Model:
Our Picks of 10 Best Power Inverter for Work Van Reviews:
1. Samlex America PST-2000-12 Power Inverter for Work Van
We chose this inverter because of its running wattage of 2,000 watts and its peak wattage of 3,500 watts. That amount of power should be able to power all the tools in your work van.
The inverter is also great for boats, mobile offices, RVs, camping, construction sites, emergency backup, and solar power systems.
You’d also be glad to hear that this device works with a remote control even though the remote is sold separately. Nevertheless, you can’t take it away from this inverter. Also, a weight of 17.2 pounds is fair.
Although it is not sold with any warranty on Amazon, it is sold with a 3-year warranty on some other stores. If you have to buy it on Amazon, we suggest you ask about its warranty.
Furthermore, the inverter has been certified for safety by both UL and ETL. This inverter is not likely to get overheated because it has two intelligent fans that cool it down whenever its temperature is getting too high.
Most importantly, an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars is a sign that users are enjoying it. You will agree that it is the best power inverter for vans. The unit can withstand heavy usage.
- The machine dishes out running 2,000 watts.
- You will also get peak wattage of 3,500 watts from it.
- It works with a remote control even though it does not come with any.
- A couple of cooling fans will prevent it from getting too hot.
- It has an impressive Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
- The product is sold with a 3-year warranty in some select stores.
- A weight of 17.2 pounds is fair for an inverter of this category.
- The machine offers high efficiency.
- It is certified by UL and ETL.
- The inverter has several safety features.
2. BESTEK Pure Sine Wave 1000W Power Inverter
This is one of the best inverters that we have ever come across. You can’t tell the quality of a product by only looking at it, but once you take a look at this one, you’ll know you are staring at quality.
First, it gives a running wattage of 1,000 watts. Its double AC outlets and double USB ports are enough for your appliances and mobile devices.
From its LCD screen, you’ll be able to tell its output power, input voltage, and output voltage. We also like to talk about its cooling fan that protects the device from overheating, and it also reduces its noise.
There are up to four 50-Amp fuses that will protect your battery and your appliances from high voltage and power surge. Instead of your battery to go down, the fuse will suffer for it.
In essence, we are saying that the device is protected from low/high voltage, overheating, overloads, and short circuits. Also, the product is backed up with an 18-month warranty and great after-sale support.
We called the brand to ask a few questions about the terms of warranty because we want to know what it covers and what it does not cover. The customer service guy was patient, courteous, and professional.
- This inverter offers 1,000 watts.
- It has two AC outlets and two USB ports.
- You will find its input and output voltage information from its LCD screen.
- Its cooling fan prevents overheating.
- The device comes with some 50-amp fuses that protect your batteries and appliances.
- We love its 18-month warranty.
- The inverter has a current Amazon rating of 4.8 stars.
- It is protected against high voltage, low voltage, short circuits, and overloads.
3. COBRA CPI2590 Gray 2500W Power Inverter for Work Van
This inverter will give you surge wattage of 5,000 watts, and its running wattage is 2,500 watts. Also, it gives you three AC outlets and a single USB port to power your appliances and tools on the go.
You can operate this machine with peace of mind because it offers five levels of protection. It also has an LCD screen where input and output voltage is always displayed.
A couple of cooling fans will make sure it does not get too hot, and they also keep its noise at a minimal level.
However, it is possible for the fans to malfunction. If the temperature of the inverter gets too high, it will automatically shut down to protect itself and all the appliances connected to it.
Another reason to consider this inverter is its portability. It weighs only 6 pounds, and it has a dimension of 10.5 by 9.5 by 3.8 inches. Not only will it be easy to move around, it won’t take much storage space as well.
The low battery alarm will go off whenever the battery is low or faulty. Also, the device is protected from reverse polarity. Finally, it has an Amazon rating of 3.9 stars.
- This inverter gives you surge wattage of 5,000 watts.
- It also offers a running wattage of 2,500 watts.
- You will enjoy its three AC outlets.
- And its single USB port.
- A weight of 6 pounds makes it light enough to be carried around.
- Its LCD screen displays its input and output voltage.
- The low battery alarm will go off when the battery power is low.
- Its couple of cooling fans prevents overheating.
- The inverter is protected from reverse polarity.
- The casing of the inverter is well-ventilated.
4. Xantrex PROWatt 2000 Power Inverter for Work Van
This device has two AC outlets for you to power your tools, and a single USB port to charge your smaller devices. We also love its ventilated casing for adequate airflow.
Also, it has a cooling fan that ensures that it does not get too hot. The low voltage alarm will alert you whenever the voltage is too low. After that, it will shut down to protect your appliances.
It also shuts down when there is high voltage or overloads. This is applicable for overheating. It will shut down when the system gets too hot for the cooling fan to handle.
Also, it has an LCD display unit that will display its voltage at every point in time. Most importantly, it supplies 2,000 watts continuously.
The device weighs 8.82 pounds, and that makes it portable. Also, you should commend its Amazon rating of 3.9 stars. It has an in-built 250-amp fuse that protects your appliances. In addition, some of the users have also attested to its durability.
- This inverter weighs only 8.82 pounds.
- Its cooling fan prevents overheating.
- There’s a built-in fuse to protect your appliances.
- It has a couple of AC outlets and a USB port.
- You’ll get its voltage figures from its LCD screen.
- The inverter supplies 2,000 watts.
- An Amazon rating of 3.9 stars confirms its quality.
- It will shut down automatically when there is overheating, overload, low voltage, or high voltage.
5. Xantrex 813-3000-UL XPower 3000W Inverter
With 3,000 watts, you should be able to power all the appliances in your work van, RV, boat, office, or home. We are sure of that. This inverter comes with a couple of AC outlets.
You will also love the number of holes in its casing. It is for seamless airflow to prevent overheating.
Its efficiency is very high because it usually converts all the available power in the battery to AC. For easy installation, the power station comes with mounting brackets.
Also, the remote power switch aids convenience. When the unit gets too hot or overloaded, it will automatically shutdown.
It also has high-voltage protection. More so, if the voltage gets too low, its low voltage alarm will go off before the unit shuts down. A weight of 15.7 pounds is not too much. Also, the device has a current Amazon rating of 4.4 stars. It is needless to remind you that a high Amazon rating is an indication of a high-quality product.
- This inverter supplies 3,000 watts.
- It has double AC outlets.
- The casing is well-ventilated to reduce overheating.
- A weight of 15.7 pounds is not bad for this device.
- An Amazon rating of 4.4 stars is okay.
- The device is quite rugged and durable.
- It is also portable.
- You can mount it easily with its mounting brackets.
- It has several safety features.
6. Energizer 4000 Watt 12V Power Inverter
This is another inverter that has taken the world by storm. You will agree that only a very few inverters can produce a continuous wattage of 4,000 watts and offer peak wattage of 8,000 watts.
Also, it has two AC outlets and two USB ports. In addition, its couple of cooling fans will make sure the system is always cool.
The large and clear LCD screen will give you all the necessary information on input, output voltage, and battery level. Another feature to consider about this device is its 2-year replacement warranty.
Furthermore, its pack contains some battery cables. It might also interest you that the inverter has all the necessary protections. It is protected from overheating, overloads, short circuits, high voltage, and low voltage.
That’s why it has been approved by MET. We feel that its weight of 14.13 pounds is great and that its current Amazon rating of 4.2 stars confirms its quality.
- This inverter can power your appliances with a running wattage of 4,000 watts.
- Its power output peaks at 8,000 watts.
- You can plug your tools into any of its two AC outlets.
- And you can also charge your phone, camera, or tablet through either of its two USB ports.
- A current Amazon rating of 4.2 stars confirm s its quality.
- You can get voltage information and battery level from its LCD screen.
- A weight of 14.13 pounds is great.
- The inverter comes with a 2-year warranty.
- A couple of cooling fans keeps overheating at bay.
- It has necessary protections.
7. AIMS Power Pure Sine Power Inverter for Work Van
This inverter also supplies a continuous wattage of 2,000 watts and peak wattage of 4,000 watts. Even though it comes with a 2-year warranty, you may not need it because the inverter is durable and rugged.
Like many other inverters, it has a pair of AC outlets and a single USB port. It is also protected from short circuits, overloads, overheating, high voltage, low voltage, and reverse polarity.
While its cooling fans prevent overheating, its low-voltage alarm will alert you of low voltage before the system shuts down. The unit also has LED indicators for different issues.
We will like you to know that AIMS is an American brand, and it operates in the state of Nevada. Despite being well-ventilated, it has a couple of cooling fans, so the chances of getting too hot are almost zero.
Nevertheless, there’s another safety feature that protects the device from high temperature. Once the temperature gets too hot, the system will automatically shut down. When that happens, please allow it to cool down before you switch it on again.
- This inverter is made by AIMS, an American company.
- It comes with a pair of cooling fans.
- The casing is well-ventilated to prevent overheating.
- Having an Amazon rating of 4.3 stars is great.
- It is also protected from short circuits, overloads, overheating, high voltage, low voltage, and reverse polarity.
- The inverter is very rugged and durable.
- You may not make use of its 2-year warranty because of its durability and toughness.
- It supplies 2,000 watts to power your appliances and tools.
8. GoWISE Power PS1003 Pure SINE Wave Inverter
First of all, this inverter supplies a continuous power of 2,000 watts and peaks at 4,000 watts. We also noticed that it has a couple of fans. Its ventilated casing works in conjunction with the cooling fans to continuously reduce its temperature.
So, the chances of overheating occurring are very slim. A remote switch is one of the reasons why we chose this inverter for review.
In addition, it has several safety features. The unit is protected from low /high voltage, overheating, and overloads.
There’s a low-voltage alarm that goes off when the voltage becomes too low before the system shuts down. Also, it has three AC outlets and a USB port to charge smaller devices.
Weighing 12 pounds makes it quite portable. Also, it has an Amazon rating of 3.9 stars. It is an ideal power inverter for vans. In addition, this device is very durable.
- This inverter supplies a continuous wattage of 2,000 watts.
- Its output peaks at 4,000 watts.
- A couple of cooling fans keeps overheating at bay.
- You can power your tools and appliances with its three AC outlets.
- And you can charge smaller devices through its USB port.
- A weight of 12 pounds is great.
- We can assure you of its durability.
- It has a current Amazon rating of 3.9 stars.
9. POTEK 2000W Power Inverter
This inverter has many features in common with the inverter above. They both have a running wattage of 2,000 watts, and they both peak at 4,000 watts.
Also, they both offer three AC outlets and a single USB port. And that is why we selected both of them for review.
The device is protected from short circuits, overheating, low voltage, high voltage, overloads, and reverse polarity. The pack comes with four car battery cables for you to power your appliances on the go.
We called their customer service to ask a couple of questions, and our call was picked at first attempt. In addition, the customer care agent was quite knowledgeable.
She answered all our questions and also told us not to hesitate to call back if there is any other query. That’s great customer service. In addition, it weighs only 10.6 pounds, and it has a current Amazon rating of 4.1 stars.
- The device has an Amazon rating of 4.1 stars.
- It weighs only 10.6 pounds.
- There’s an in-built fuse to protect your appliances.
- It comes with four car battery cables.
- The device is durable and easy to use.
- It supplies a continuous wattage of 2,000 watts.
- And its output peaks at 4,000 watts.
- There are cooling fans to prevent overheating.
- The unit has three AC outlets and one USB port.
10. AIMS 2000 Watt 12VDC Work Van Power Inverter
You will get a continuous 2,000 watts from this inverter to power your tools and appliances. We also think that three AC outlets are enough for you.
Also, it has a USB port to charge smaller devices. In addition, a couple of cooling fans prevents overheating.
With an LCD screen, you will be able to monitor its input voltage, output voltage, and battery level. A weight of 0.16 oz makes it the lightest inverter on our list.
In case you have not observed, this is the second AIMS inverter on our list. This speaks volumes about the brand as a market leader. The best part is that it is an American company. An Amazon rating of 3.5 stars is fair.
- The inverter weighs only 0.16 oz.
- It has a couple of cooling fans.
- There are three AC outlets.
- You can also make use of its single USB port.
- An Amazon rating of 3.5 stars isn’t bad.
- Its LCD screen displays necessary information about the unit.
- You will get a continuous supply of 2,000 watts to power your appliances.
- This inverter is made by AIMS, an American company.
- It is quite durable.
How to Install a Power Inverter in a Van?
Based on the high number of questions we have received on how to install a power inverter in a van, we included the steps in this review.
So, by the time you finish reading the whole review, you will not only know the best inverters for work vans, you will also know how to install a power inverter in a van. Here are the steps involved.
1. What you need
To install an inverter in your van, you will need crimps and terminals, 50-amp fuse and housing, wires, and of course, the inverter itself.
2. Mount and connect it
First, you will need to find a place in your van to mount it. Choose a place that is not easily accessible. Since you will be moving around in your work van, we suggest that you should choose a place that will be out of your way while moving back and forth in your van.
While your vehicle is moving, it is possible for the inverter to slip out of position. So, you need to hold it in place with tape. Now, you can connect the red wire into the red terminal and the black wire into the black terminal. Link your inverter to your engine bay with your wire.
Now, you can connect the other end of the black cable to the black battery terminal, or you can connect it to any metallic part of your vehicle’s body.
Also, connect the red cable to the housing of the fuse. To do this, you will have to strip the ends of the wires and crimp them together. Connect the other end of the fuse housing to the red battery terminal.
3. Check your connection
Now, you can check your connections to be sure there’s no mistake. We will advise you to seek the help of a professional as a wrong connection could damage your inverter and your battery. When you are sure that the connection is okay, you can now switch on your inverter.
What is the Best Power Inverter for Work Van?
After comparing the features of the ten inverters, we selected the Samlex America PST-2000-12 Power Inverter for Work Van as the top & latest power inverter for work vans.
First of all, the machine gives out an output of 2,000 watts. In addition to that, it offers peak wattage of 3,500 watts. Of course, 2,000 watts is enough to power your tools and appliances.
Its two intelligent cooling fans will continue to prevent the system from getting too hot. Even at that, if it eventually gets too hot, the device will shut down automatically. Furthermore, it has other safety features.
The inverter is protected from low voltage, high voltage, short circuits, overloads, and reverse polarity. Due to its high safety standards, it has been certified by ETL and UL. It converts all the available power in the battery. Hence, its efficiency is very high.
Also, we believe that its weight of 17.2 pounds is great. Despite its durability, it comes with a 3-year warranty. It has an impressive Amazon rating of 4.4 stars, and that confirms that it is a great product.
So, when we compared all these features to what others offer, it was clear that the Samlex America PST-2000-12 Power Inverter for Work Van is the best. We highly recommend it.