It’s great to have a portable generator. You can bring one to outdoor parties at the beach or at campsites, and at home you can power appliances during a power outage. But the most common generators have a gas engine, and they can be loud and emit fumes.
Sometimes the power can surge and damage sensitive electronics. All these reasons are why an increasing number of people are looking for the best portable battery generator instead.
A portable battery generator is basically a battery you carry around so that you can plug in appliances so they can run (or be recharged). Often these batteries can be recharged as well, so that whenever you need them they can be at full strength to power your appliances.
Most can be powered by simply plugging them into a wall socket. Others may also be powered by plugging them into a car cigarette lighter socket, or by using solar panels.
Our Picks of 12 Best Portable Battery Generators Reviews:
A quick glance at portable generator retail websites may make you think that all you have to choose from are gasoline-powered generators.
But there are plenty of best small portable generator in the market and in fact there may be too many of them that it can make it difficult for you to choose one among them.
To help make it easier for you, we’ve come up with a short list of the best options, so you can pick the more suitable one for your particular needs and circumstances.
|Picture||Product Name||Check Price|
||Buy on Amazon|
|Buy on Amazon|
||Buy on Amazon|
|Buy on Amazon|
|Buy on Amazon|
||Buy on Amazon|
|Buy on Amazon|
|Buy on Amazon|
||Buy on Amazon|
|Buy on Amazon|
|Buy on Amazon|
|Buy on Amazon|
You can easily fit it in your car or even in a backpack. It comes in at 7,3 x 4.3 x 4.7 inches and weight just under 3 pounds. In the same way it has a hide carrying handles.
This is in fact a solar generator, so there’s no need to fear about gasoline fumes. It can be charged in many ways. You can also recharge this when you are in your cars.
It works just fine as a smaller item. It can produce 100 watts of power; with starting power performance will be around 150 watts. It features with 4 DC ports with several USB ports that you can charge and power many devices.
With this SUAOKI 150Wh Portable Power Station, you can work with your laptop in park or anywhere you like. When you need power throughout camping or emergency, it can be your backup power supply.
It is a USB power bank and an ideal clean power source. Further mostly students are like this portable generator. It is enough to power a student house few appliances if there any short power outage happen.
- Extreme compact and lightweight than others
- Has a power level indicator
- Comes with emergency lights
- Can be charged through wall socket, solar panel or car socket
- On-the-Go Power Source: 150 Wh (3.7V 40500mAh.11.1V 13500mAh)
- Triple Output Modes (2x) AC outlet; (4x) DC ports; (4x) USB ports
- Triple Input Modes (1)Solar panel (2)Wall outlet (3)USB ports
- With advanced cigarette lighter adapter for recharging
- Besides, it has 18 month warranty
This Power Station gives you 240 watts, which is perfect for your camping, fishing trips, picnics or short power outages at house.
Moreover it has been designed with safety features, providing that power to charge electronics and small appliances. It can be recharged using solar panels or by simply plugging in.
Jackery 240Wh has 2 charging USB-A ports with single standard DC 13.3V port, and an AC outlet. The electric power comes from a lithium battery pack.
The LCD screen will confirm you when you’re charging or discharging power. You will get a strong built-in LED flashlight with this lightweight portable power station.
- Lightweight with high power capacity
- Three ways recharging option & easy to recharge
- It Provides power through AC and DC outlets and through 2 USB ports
- LCD display for generator status info
- Built-in flashlight and SOS light
- Have 24 months Jackery Warranty
This has enough power to charge 5 laptops, or 30 smartphones. You can even run small appliances too for a few hours.
It’s still mainly a device that recharges various rechargeable electronic devices, but it’s very versatile for campsite use.
You have AC, 12V, and USB outlets (at least two for each type) so you can plug in up to 7 devices at once.
The LCD display helps you to estimate your runtime. You can also use another Goal Zero Yeti 400to chain with the first one so you can increase the run time.
In fact, this is a rechargeable power station, and you can recharge it in several ways. Plug it onto a wall socket and you can get a full charge in a mere 5 hours. It takes 8 hours to fully recharge with a solar panel, and 13 hours from a car charger.
This is quite a portable unit, as it measures 8 by 10.2 by 8 inches. It only weighs 29 pounds, so it shouldn’t be hard for a burly guy to carry to the beach or campsite. This is not only a camping power station but also a home emergency power station.
- You get 400 watts.
- This can power or recharge up to 7 devices at once.
- You can recharge the battery generator in several ways, and it’s a comparatively quick recharge.
- You’re able to connect this generator to another unit like this one to boost wattage and runtime.
- It’s quite easy enough to bring to a campsite.
Here’s a more stereotypical power station, as it only offers 100 watts. That’s because most people use this only to power laptops and smartphones, and to be honest 100 watts is more than enough for that kind of thing.
This one considered as Best portable battery generator. This actually has a limit of 180 watts if you use the three 12V DC ports.
Then you have a 100W limit for the two AC outlets, along with another 2 USB ports. This also comes with a battery management system with voltage and temperature control among its safety features.
Recharging this is also no trouble, with 3 different ways to do it. Using the AC adapter to charge this in a wall socket will take about 7 to 8 hours.
There’s also a 12V car charger included here so you can recharge from the car socket in 9 hours. Finally, you can buy your own solar panel to recharge this in 7 to 9 hours.
This is extremely compact, as it only measures 6.5 by 3.1 by 6.9 inches. It’s like bring a lunchbox with you. It’s also unbelievably lightweight, as it only weighs 3.3 pounds. It virtually weighs almost nothing!
- You have 7 output ports for your appliances and devices.
- You have multiple ways to recharge, and none of them take too long.
- The 12V car socket charger is part of the purchase.
- This is very compact and unbelievably lightweight.
- In addition to, you get a free replacement without hassles if you have any trouble within its 1-year warranty period.
This pretty much accurately describes itself as a portable battery generator for emergencies, although it’s versatile enough for outdoor use too.
This comes with a dual 110V AC outlet, three DC sockets, and also 3 USB ports. It’s also rechargeable through a wall socket or a car socket, and your purchase comes with the adaptors you need.
You even can recharge with a solar panel, though you’d have to buy one separately.
This comes with lots of indictors and lights, and it also has numerous safety features.
The battery management system prevents short circuit and over current, over- or low voltage, and overly high temperature. It even has an emergency LED flashlight that can offer 125 hours of illumination.
This is another extremely compact device with measurements of 7.67 by 6.73 by 3.5 inches. Its 3.5-pound weight is also astonishingly low.
- It’s great for campsite use.
- You have numerous safety features.
- It comes with an LED light.
- It’s very compact and surprisingly lightweight. You can even put it in your backpack.
Here’s another “400W” battery generator from Anker, though this actually offers 434 watts.
This brand has sold similar products to more than 10 million customers, and this particular battery generator explains why the Anker brand is so popular.
Yes, you also get 400 watts which is more than enough to power even a mini-fridge. In fact, it can recharge and power various devices through its multiple output modes.
There’s an AC outlet and a 12V car socket, along with 4 USB ports that can charge mobile devices quickly.
The increased number of USB ports is a relief, since many people use a battery generator as mainly for powering and recharging smartphones and laptops.
This also comes with various safety features that guarantee that you’ll be able to use this without a hitch. It comes with a battery maintenance system with features such as temperature and voltage control.
You can only recharge this through a wall outlet, so you better recharge fully at home before you bring this to a campsite. It takes 10 hours to fully recharge, so do this overnight while you sleep. Once you’re done, the full charge can recharge 40 smartphones or 15 laptops.
This may be one of the most compact battery generators you’ll find today. It only measures 7.9 by 6.5 by 5.7 inches. It’s also light enough at 9.26 pounds that even a small teenager can carry this easily.
- You get 434 watts for various appliances and multiple mobile device recharges.
- It has both temperature and voltage control.
- It comes with multiple output sockets, including 4 USB ports.
- It’s extremely compact and exceedingly lightweight.
As well as, external battery charger is strong enough to charge apple iPhone 7 almost 16 times, iPad Pro almost 3 or more times, Galaxy S7 almost 10.5 times, Galaxy S7 Edge almost 8.5 times, Google Pixel almost 11.4 times, For brand new MacBook almost 3.4 times.
The iMuto built with LED torch for dark environments. This model is suitable for all smart devices like as smartphones & tablets, Digital Camera, Bluetooth Speaker, Mp3 Players and many more. And finally, it will keep your devices harmless from over-charging, over-voltage and short circuit.
- 3 Ways Charging
- Power Source Type: AC, DC, Solar (DC)
- Built-in LED Flashlight / SOS Mode
- Multiple Smart Protection System
- 50000mAh Ultra High Capacity Portable Power Bank
- Advanced Design with high performance Portable Generator
- Energy-saving and High Brightness Spotlight
- Picowe Portable Power Station 250Wh
Also, you have to be able to carry that generator to your camping site, and even a large and weighty generator is just also troublesome.
For this reason so many go together with this Picowe generator. You can bring this anywhere easily because it’s very lightweight at less than 6 pounds.
In fact with this 250W power, you can simply power all kinds of necessary devices.
You find 3 DC Output jacks, an AC outlet, and 2 USB ports. You will be capable to recharge this portable generator by using a solar panel or through a wall socket.
- 350W Portable lightweight power station
- Get 3 different outputs: AC, DC, and USB
- Compact measurements of 10.2 by 3.9 by 6.2 inches
- Comes with a quiet cooling fan
- Weighs less than 6 pounds
- Great for camping trips
Here you get double the wattage capacity of the other small generators with 200 watts. But it’s not as if it became too big and too heavy.
It only weighs 5.2 pounds and measures 9.1 by 4.3 by 5.2 inches. This power station has a lot of output outlets for you to work with.
You have three AC outlets with 300W pure sine wave, four DC outlets where you can use the socket cable that comes with this device, and also 4 USB ports.
You can also recharge this battery generator through a wall socket, car socket, or solar panel.
- You have a multitude of output options so you can power a lot of devices and appliances.
- It can be recharged in several ways.
- It’s not too big, and it’s certainly very lightweight.
- It comes with multiple cables and the AC adapter.
- You get 18 months for the warranty.
This offers 120 rated watts with 180 max watts, and that should be enough to recharge various rechargeable devices and to power a few lights.
You have an AC outlet, 3 DC sockets, and also 3 USB ports. You also have 3 charging modes (wall socket, car socket, solar panel) and it will take you about 8 hours to fully recharge.
This also comes with a built-in LED light, which again emphasizes how it works best in the outdoors. Its other safety features include a battery level indicator, voltage control, and short circuit protection.
It’s mean to be brought along with you to beach parties and campsites, as it’s small at 7.67 by 3.54 by 6.73 inches. It also only weighs about 3.5 pounds.
- It offers numerous output sockets.
- It can be recharged in various ways.
- You get numerous safety features.
- It’s easy to bring with you.
If 100 measly watts simply won’t cut it for your needs, you may need a more substantial generator like this one with 500 watts.
This can really become your party’s charging hub, since it has 6 USB ports and 2 of them are Quickcharge 2.0.
You also get two AC and two DC outlets, along with a 12V car port.
You’d think that this would not be as portable as you’d like, but it’s actually easy enough to carry. It only weighs 11 pounds, and it’s designed like a small cooler.
- You have 500 watts, which is a lot for a battery generator.
- There are also 11 ports, and you can recharge 6 smartphones at once via USB.
- It’s easy to bring along to a campsite as it is compact and lightweight.
If you thing 100 watts is too little but 500 watts is too much, you can settle for the 250 watts you get from this model.
It’s also compact, and it only weighs 5.7 pounds. This is remarkable for its safety features, starting with its aluminum alloy housing.
Moreover, its “MultiSafety” features include protections against short circuit, over-current, over-voltage, low voltage, overload, and over temperature.
- You have 250 watts.
- The outputs include two AC 250w Pure Sine Wave Outputs, four DC outlets, and 2 USB ports.
- You have a long list of protective safety features.
- This is compact and only weighs 5.7 pounds.
Benefits of Portable Battery Generators
A battery generator offers many benefits for their owners:
- You can use this as backup power for your home appliances in case of a power outage. Depending on the wattage, the generator can at least power lights and provide backup recharging for your smartphone. It can also power your laptop, so you can submit your term paper on time even when there’s a power outage.
- These battery generators are often both lightweight and easier to carry, which makes them truly portable. You can bring them to a beach party and no one will have to worry about their smartphones losing battery power. You may even have enough juice to run the speakers for music.
- They don’t emit fumes, so you don’t really have to worry about proper ventilation. That also makes them a lot friendlier to the environment.
- They also work very quietly, in stark contrast to the noise levels that gasoline generators produce. You can place them right beside you and it won’t disturb your sleep, hamper conversation, or disturb your TV binge-watching.
- The power output is often very stable and reliable, without the surges that may be dangerous to sensitive electronics like smartphones and laptops.
- In fact they don’t really need a lot of maintenance.
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Top Portable Battery Generator?
When you’re picking among these portable battery generator options, you should read various reviews. The ones written by customers are especially useful, as they can provide real accounts of their experience with these generators.
These reviews can provide a more accurate picture of what’s it like to own one. Be sure to focus on the following factors when you read the reviews and make your choice:
Battery generators can come in a wide range of wattage capabilities. Some offer minimal power, and that’s because they’re mainly backup to recharge smartphones and laptops when you’re outdoors.
Other battery generators can go up to 400W so that they can also power TVs or speaker systems. The wattage capability you get must match your needs.
How bulky is the generator? How heavy is it? If you’re bringing this with you to a camping site or a beach party, it should be compact and lightweight enough so it’s not a pain to carry. It helps if it has a nice confortable handle too.
Those who are used to gas generators may be looking for wheels for the generators, but these things aren’t very common at all. That’s because they’re often lightweight enough that you don’t need wheels.
These wheels just add a potential vulnerable point, plus they add to the production costs that can increase the price of the generator.
How long will it last? It should be a hardy unit that can withstand outdoor use. It’s also nice if it has a battery management system for temperature and voltage control. Check the warranty, as a longer coverage period reflects the manufacturer’s confidence in the generator’s durability.
Read the customer reviews to see how the manufacturer actually deals with breakdowns during the warranty period.
How many sockets does it have? This can determine how many appliances you can connect to your generator. However, you can use generator cords which are extension cords made for generators.
You should also have multiple USB ports, so you can also recharge your smartphones and laptops while you’re using the battery generator to power other appliances.
Battery Charging Options
How do you recharge this battery generator? Most generators are recharged simply by plugging them into a wall socket, but this means you’re unable to recharge them when you’re outdoors.
But others can be recharged by plugging them into a car socket, while others can even be recharged with a solar panel. You should also check out how long it will take the battery generator to fully recharge.
In addition to, some of these battery generators have features that differentiate them from others. Some, for example, come with LED lights so you can use them at night at your campsites.
Others can be used in tandem with other battery generator units so that you increase your wattage and runtime.
There are plenty of reasons why you’d want the portable battery generator over its gas-powered counterpart. The main drawback to these things is that you hardly ever find one with more than 10,000 watts so you can power all your home appliances during a power outage.
But that’s not what it’s designed for. As well as, a battery generator is mainly for outdoor use, which is why they’re often small and lightweight.
They’re only for the most important electronic devices, and for many that means powering smartphones and laptops, and maybe lights and music systems.
Find the best portable generator, and you’ll have a great power source for camping trips that won’t make a lot of noise to bother you when you sleep!