Are you looking for a portable generator that’s absolutely easy on you in every respect? That means it’s easy on the budget, easy to use, and makes life a lot more comfortable. This DuroMax XP4400E portable generator review may give you the solution to your problem, if you’re looking for that ideal portable generator.
Why Should You Use This DuroMax Portable Dual Fuel Generator?
- It’s a DuroMax. Brand name reputation is important, because it tells you a lot about how the manufacturer cares about its products. In the case of Duromax, the brand has built an enviable reputation for high quality, durability, and overall value for money. Go online and find other lists of the best generators, and almost everywhere Duromax brand has been mentioned. It’s been a trusted brand for many years now and has been considered as best portable generator for power outage.
- This one is portable and affordable generator. It’s not so heavy, but you don’t have to carry it at all. It has wheels and handles so you can just move it around as you please. It’s not bulky either so it won’t be difficult to place in any convenient location for you. The wheels are solid, so flat tires aren’t an issue either. Because it’s portable, you can bring it to various camping sites or even to a work site to enable your power tools to work.
- You can also make use of this as emergency backup generator for home because it has ample enough wattage for your basic appliances. You only need to power the necessary home appliances, and 3500 running watts is more than enough for that purpose.
- Thankfully, it’s not very difficult to use either. All you really need to do is to make sure that you always have enough oil and gasoline for the generator to run properly. The safety measures have protection against overloading, so even when you put in too many appliances you don’t suffer any damages to your appliances or your generator.
- Ample wattage
- Easy to move and bring to campsites
- Can be used for home backup
- EPA and CARB-compliant
- Plenty of safety measures
- Can run overnight
The Negative Things
- Won’t be able to run beyond basic home appliances during power outage
- May need 2 people to lift it from a car trunk
This is for those who don’t want to overpay for extra thousands of wattage which they don’t plan to use anyway. At the same time, the wattage should be sufficient enough for more than a few appliances so life isn’t uncomfortable in an RV campsite or at home during a power outage. There are plenty of good options for you if you’re one of these people, and the DuroMax portable generator is one of the best options available.
That’s the running watts, while you also have 4,400 starting watts. Add up the required wattage of many of your basic home and RV appliances, and you’ll find that you can fit a lot of them within the wattage range.
What this means is that it’s good enough to run your overhead RV air conditioner at night, or your basic home appliances if the power’s out. Use this for your lights, and maybe a TV and a fan, and you still have enough power for the fridge.
With the “Duro” in the DuroMax brand name, you know that their emphasis is on unfailing durability. In fact, attention to preventing breakdowns and damage starts during the delivery. Everything is within foam, and they also brace the engine to avoid shipping damage.
The engine is protected by a cast iron sleeve, and all its parts are basically made of metal. This engine also protected from the consequences of low oil levels, because of the automatic shutoff if that ever happens. You have AC and DC regulators, as well as a built-in spark arrestor to make it safe to use for camp sites and worksites for power tools.
Ease of Use
This was designed so that anyone can use and operate this. Even teens can get this going, though of course adults should be in charge. Once you get the package, the assembly requirements are minimal. You just need to attach the wheels and the handles. Once you make sure you have the oil and the gasoline, you’re good to go.
This comes with electric start and a starting battery, with a dial that you can point to “stop”, “run”, or “start”. Recoil start remains as a backup option, if you let the battery drain. You then put in your generator cords into one of the 2 fully protected 120-Volt outlets, or into the 120-Volt/240-Volt twist-lock outlet.
One of its features is Idle Control, and this maintains the RPM levels even for heavy loads. This increases fuel efficiency.
It’s true that lots of generators are noisy. But you won’t have to worry about the state of your eardrums with this generator. The Idle control feature that maintains the steady RPM levels also leads to noise reduction, since the engine doesn’t rev up unnecessarily. It also helps that it’s outfitted with an extremely effective muffler that also contributes to the noise reduction.
This is compliant with EPA and CARB regulations, so its emissions levels are reduced to safer levels. This allows its use for US national parks even, along with RV campsites. It’s easy enough to move this about your camp, and that’s because you have wheels and handles to maneuver it into position. These wheels won’t go flat, and the handles are designed for effective use.
How heavy is it?
It weighs 120 pounds.
What are its dimensions?
It measures 36 by 24 by 24 inches.
What maintenance procedures are required?
Nothing beyond checking and replacing the oil for the engine.
DuroMax generator XP4400E is extremely easy to use. It’s meant to be useful for a very long time, and this portable generator review confirms all these as well. It is extremely reliable, and it’s why so many people have opted for it