Are you a metal sculptor? Or do you carry out other forms of metal arts?
You will definitely need a very effective cutting machine for making all kinds of cuts. You don’t have to search online for a good plasma cutter because we have already done that for you. Here are the latest plasma cutters for metal arts. After listing them, we reviewed each of them below.
Artistic cuts are complex and they require accuracy and precision. You can only use cutters designed for such tasks. That’s why we listed out these plasma cutters. They are able to make complex but smooth artistic cuts. Pick any of them and you’re good.
Top 10 Best Plasma Cutter for Metal Arts – Find The Right Model:
Our Picks of 10 Best Plasma Cutter for Metal Arts:
1. LOTOS LT5000D 50A Air Inverter Plasma Cutter Dual Voltage
What attracted us to this plasma cutter is its well-ventilated casing. This will allow for proper airflow within the case. Its cooling fan will also prevent overheating.
The tool can be used to make smooth and complex cuts on aluminum, copper, mild steel, alloy steel, and stainless steel. The maximum cutting thickness capacity of this device is 16mm.
Also, this product does not require any assembly. Just connect its consumables and start making your desired cuts. It runs on a dual voltage. Its frame is sturdy and strong.
You’ll enjoy a 1-year warranty on it. However, it is necessary to register the product online to be able to enjoy the warranty. It weighs 22.5 pounds, and its duty cycle is 60%. Users have given it an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
- The plasma cutter is sturdy, strong, and durable.
- There are enough ventilation slits on the case for internal airflow.
- Its built-in cooling fan will reduce heat
- The maximum cutting capacity of the unit is 16mm.
- We were able to make complex and artistic cuts with this device.
- Its cuts are smooth and clean without polish demands.
- You don’t need to assemble it since it is already assembled.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- The device has a weight of 22.5 pounds.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
2. PrimeWeld 50A Air Inverter Plasma Cutter
This cutting device has three features in common with the one reviewed above. One, they both have a weight of 22.5 pounds, and they both have a duty cycle of 60%. The third feature is the dual voltage. With the strong handle of this cutting machine, you can easily lift it up and carry it around.
It is made of steel, and it is resistant to corrosion and rust. The case of this tool is well-ventilated. The machine is protected from short circuits, high voltage, and high current.
We were able to confirm its durability. Buyers will enjoy the 3-year warranty that comes with this product.
The tool has a current meter and an air pressure gauge. Also, its maximum cutting thickness capacity is 16mm. Like the others, it comes with numerous accessories. To wrap it up, it has an Amazon rating of 4.7 stars.
- This product comes with a 3-year warranty.
- It can cut through a metal plate that is 16mm thick.
- The cutting tool is protected from high voltage, high current, overloads, short circuits, and reverse polarity.
- It has a weight of 22.5 pounds.
- The device is tough and durable.
- It is suitable for a wide range of metals.
- The machine has a low noise level.
- It requires no setup.
- Some of its users have confirmed its durability.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.7 stars.
3. Hypertherm 088079 Powermax30 XP Building America Edition
This is one of the lightest plasma cutters in the market. We fondly call it a paperweight. You won’t believe it when you hear that it weighs only 2.2 pounds. Yes, that’s true.
We doubted it too until we weighed it. Despite its light weight, this tool performs creditably. It supports a voltage bracket of 110 volts to 240 volts. So, you can plug it into any outlet whose voltage is within the bracket.
You’ll find a shoulder strap, a carry case, and several other components in its box. Another reason to consider it is its low noise level. You can use it to make all kinds of complex cuts that require precision and accuracy. This super-light cutting machine will cut through a metal plate that is 16mm thick.
Here is the best part. You don’t have to be an experienced metal fabricator to be able to use it. The device has an Amazon rating of 4.6 stars.
- This plasma cutter is for experienced and new metal fabricators.
- Its weight of 2.2 pounds is a stunner.
- You’ll love its low noise level.
- The cutting machine supports a voltage bracket of 110 volts to 240 volts.
- A carry case and shoulder strap are among its accessories.
- It makes smooth, sharp, complex, and accurate cuts easily.
- The cutting tool is said to be durable.
- You can easily carry it around with its carry handle.
- Considering its impressive features, its high Amazon rating isn’t surprising.
- It is protected from overheating, high voltage, and short circuits.
4. Lotos LT3500 35Amp Air Plasma Cutter for Metal Art
This is the second Lotos product on this list. We are not affiliated with the brand and are not promoting it. You found two of its products on this list because they offer superior features.
This plasma cutter has a well-ventilated casing and a cooling fan. You can use it to cut through different kinds of metals like stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper, and aluminum.
The cutting device weighs 17.6 pounds, so it is quite portable. You can take it around with you. This one can also make complex cuts easily. That’s why we’ll recommend it for artistic cuts.
In spite of its features, this plasma cutter costs less than $300. So, it is quite affordable. Its price is great. The tool offers more than its price.
It has a large and clear current meter. The device is very easy to set up. Learners can handle it easily. Some of its current users assured us of its durability. That’s obviously one of the reasons for its Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- You can use this cutting tool to make artistic cuts on a wide variety of metals.
- The device has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- This is one of the easiest cutting tools to use.
- It is also protected from short circuits, high current, high voltage, and overloads.
- The casing is well-ventilated.
- The cuts made by this tool are so smooth that they don’t require polishing.
- There’s a cooling fan that prevents overheating.
- It weighs 17.6 pounds.
- Learners will be able to use it easily.
- Coming at a cost below $300 makes it affordable.
5. Miller Electric 907529 Plasma Cutter
This plasma cutter is strong and sturdy. It is quite easy to use. Although the brand is not so popular, the product is fantastic. It is meant for both learners and professionals. The cutting has been in production since 2012, and it is still in demand now. This implies that the machine is a good product.
It weighs 33.65 pounds. But it has a very strong carry strap with which you can lift it around. The device has a duty cycle of 35%, and it can cut through virtually all kinds of metals. It is protected from high voltage and high current.
We used it to make a few cuts on a stainless steel plate, and we were impressed with its performance. The cuts were sharp and smooth. And that’s why we’ll recommend it to anyone. Its Amazon rating of 4.2 stars confirms its performance.
- This cutting machine has been in production since 2012.
- It is strong, sturdy, and durable.
- There’s a 35% duty cycle.
- It weighs 33.65 pounds.
- And it has an Amazon rating of 4.2 stars.
- You can carry it around with its carry strap.
- Its cuts are smooth and clean.
- Learners can easily handle it.
- It is protected from high voltage and high current.
6. VIVOHOME DC Inverter Non-Touch Pilot Arc Plasma Cutter
This cutting device offers a non-touch pilot arc. You can use it to make cuts on metals without physical contact. It can cut through metal plates that are thicker than 8mm. To prevent overheating, there are enough ventilation slits on its casing.
And the slits are accompanied by a cooling fan. It is suitable for aluminum, copper, mild steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, and all other kinds of metals.
The cutting device works on a dual voltage. It has a duty cycle of 60%. And it weighs 25 pounds, but you can easily carry it around with its strong handle. The unit has an Amazon rating of 3.9 stars. One more thing, its cuts are great. Even a learner can use it to make fantastic artistic cuts.
- This device will cut metals without its torch making physical contact with the metal.
- Its casing is well-ventilated.
- There’s a cooling fan that takes care of it.
- It weighs 25 pounds.
- There’s a duty cycle of 60%.
- Its Amazon rating of 3.9 stars is amazing.
- You can use it to cut up to 8mm thick metal plates.
- The unit is strong and durable.
- You can carry it around easily with its carry handle.
- Its cuts are clean and smooth.
7. Iglobalbuy DC Inverter 50A Metal Art Plasma Cutter
The yellow color of this plasma cutter makes it stand out from the crowd. Other distinguishing features of the unit are accuracy and precision. It makes very accurate cuts that do not need polishing.
The product is designed for both professional and hobby uses. You can use it to cut a wide variety of metals like aluminum, alloy steel, mild steel, stainless steel, and others.
The device runs on a dual voltage. It has a high cutting speed. The unit also has a current meter and an air pressure gauge. Also, we must let you know that its noise level is very low.
The device is protected from low/high voltage, overloads, and short circuits. So, if you buy this product, you’re also buying peace of mind.
Considering its well-ventilated casing and cooling fan, we’re sure that it is also protected from overheating. Its duty cycle is 60%, and its efficiency is 85%. The Device has an Amazon rating of 4.0 stars.
- This plasma cutter offers accuracy and precision.
- Its yellow color makes it stand out.
- You can easily lift it with its strong handle.
- Its duty cycle is 60%.
- And its efficiency is 85%.
- The Amazon rating of the plasma cutter is 4.0 stars.
- Its noise level is very low.
- The cuts of the unit are accurate and smooth.
- It is durable and easy to use.
- You can use it to cut a wide variety of metals.
8. YESWELDER CUT-55DS
This plasma cutter is classy and elegant. You’ll love it. Another feature that you’ll like is its non-touch pilot arc that allows you to cut without touching the metal. This helps to extend the life of the consumables. It is ideal for making accurate cuts in all kinds of metals.
It offers a high cutting speed. The device has an Amazon rating of 4.0 stars. Also, it weighs 26.2 pounds. You can monitor its amperage through its current meter. Also, there’s an air pressure gauge for you to monitor the pressure.
The device works on a dual voltage. We noticed that the noise level of the unit is quite low. We were able to confirm its durability as well. Finally, you can easily carry it around with its strong handle.
- This plasma cutter is beautiful and classy.
- You can monitor its current through its current meter.
- There’s an air pressure gauge through which you can monitor its pressure.
- The device weighs 26.2 pounds.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.0 stars.
- The device works on a dual voltage.
- You’ll also love its low noise level.
- The device can be lifted easily with its strong handle.
- It is sturdy and durable.
- You can use it to make cuts on virtually all kinds of metals.
9. SUNCOO 50 Amp Plasma Cutter 110/220V
This is another great plasma cutter. It has an amperage of 50 amps and a maximum cutting thickness of 12mm. You’ll love the cuts produced with this tool. If you’re planning to make complex cuts that require accuracy and precision, this is one of the most suitable cutting tools for the job.
Versatility is another attractive feature of this device. You can use it to cut a wide range of metals. It has a current meter, and its cutting speed is relatively higher.
Also, you’ll like its low noise level. With this cutting tool, you don’t have to worry about high current, high voltage, and short circuits because it is protected from them all.
With its well-ventilated casing combined with an effective cooling fan, overheating does not stand a chance. The duty cycle of the plasma cutter is 60% and its efficiency is 85%. Although the tool looks sophisticated, it is very simple to use. You’ll be glad to find a welding mask and some other accessories in its box. The tool weighs 25.1 pounds, and it has an Amazon rating of 4.3 stars.
- The amperage of this tool is 50 amps.
- It has a duty cycle of 60%.
- The cutting machine is protected from short circuits, high voltage, and high current.
- Learners can use it to make accurate and complex cuts for artistic purposes.
- Its maximum cutting thickness capacity is 12mm.
- The device has a well-placed current meter.
- Its weight of 25.1 pounds is fair.
- With a well-ventilated casing and a cooling fan, this device is protected from overheating.
- It has an efficiency of 85%.
- We are sure of its toughness and durability.
10. PrimeWeld 3-in-1 50 Amp Plasma Cutter for Metal Art
This stylish black cutting tool is properly ventilated. It also has a cooling fan that blows the heat away. With its strong handle, you can carry it around easily, even though it weighs 35.7 pounds.
According to some of its users, the device is rugged, durable, and versatile. You can also keep a tab on the input current through its current meter. In addition, there’s an air pressure gauge too.
The noise level of the tool is quite low. Being a learner should not prevent you from choosing this cutting unit because it is very easy to use.
You can also use it to weld. The plasma cutter makes smooth and clean cuts. You can use it to make artistic cuts as well. Finally, it has an Amazon rating of 4.7 stars.
- This plasma cutter is also a TIG welder.
- Its ventilation slits prevent overheating.
- The device is rugged and durable.
- It is versatile.
- A weight of 35.7 pounds isn’t bad.
- You can carry it around with its handle.
- It has a current meter.
- The air pressure gauge is helpful too.
- You can use it to make smooth artistic cuts.
- An Amazon rating of 4.7 stars says it all.
Buying Guide – How to Choose The Best Plasma Cutter for Metal Arts?
There are a few tips to consider when buying your plasma cutter. This section of the article provides simple but important buying tips.
1. Purchase from Our List
We have combed the market to get great plasma cutters and tested them all. The best of them are the ones we have just reviewed above. So, it’ll be smart for anyone who has read this piece to select a plasma cutter from this list. You have our word on them. Pick any of them, and you’ll be glad.
2. Select it from Amazon
The second tip is to buy your cutting tool from Amazon. There are two reasons why we recommend Amazon. The first reason is that Amazon offers the best price deals around. So, if you want to buy a plasma cutter at the lowest possible price, you’re most likely to get it on Amazon.
The second reason is Amazon’s 30-day return window. Any product purchased on Amazon comes with a 30-day return window. During this period, you can return a product and get your full refund. So, if there’s anything you don’t like about the cutting tool that you bought, you can return it within 30 days of purchase for a replacement or refund.
3. Take Advantage of The Return Window
The return window is of no use to buyers who won’t test their tool within the first 30 days of purchase. Many people discover the problem with the item they bought after the window has closed. We don’t want you to encounter that. So, you must test your plasma cutter within 30 days after receiving it.
4. Read the User Manual
A user manual comes with every plasma cutter, but some people don’t read it. We don’t want you to make costly mistakes that will destroy your cutting machine or reduce its lifespan. That’s why we are advising you to read the user manual of your plasma cutter before you start using it.
5. Read User Reviews Too
The user manual may not contain all the necessary information about your preferred tool. Try to read some user reviews. You may come across important information about the product that is not in the manual.
With their superior features, you’ll agree that the tools reviewed above are the top plasma cutters for metal arts. They are easy to set up, and even learners can handle them.
In addition, they are strong and durable. Most importantly, they make clean, smooth, sharp, and accurate cuts. For these reasons, we recommend them.