We have reviewed light and portable jump starters in the past, but this report is for heavy-duty jump starters. Why would you go for a heavy-duty jump starter when there are portable ones? The answer is simple and straight. There’s a limit to the capacity of the engines that portable jump starters can start.
Only larger and heavier ones can handle larger engines. You’ll notice the difference in the amperage of these heavy-duty devices. Due to their size and weight, larger jump starters cannot be moved around easily. You have to station them somewhere.
Also, they can jump-start more vehicles before they get weak. So, they are recommended for companies that manage a large fleet of vehicles. During the days of winter, the batteries of many of the vehicles can get weak at the same time. Such companies will need a heavy-duty jump starter.
If you’re planning to buy a heavy-duty jump starter, we have reviewed the best heavy-duty jump starters in this report. As we always do, we bought many heavy units and tested them all to narrow the number to the best ten reviewed here.
The most important factor that we considered is ease of use. We don’t want to recommend any equipment that our readers will struggle to use. So, we chose jump starters that are very easy to use.
Nevertheless, we still feel that it is important for you to study the user manual of your jump starter before you use it, regardless of how easy it is to use. After that, we assessed them with how effective they are. You want a device that will charge as many vehicles as you have with little maintenance from you. That is what these jump starters offer.
Another feature is safety. We don’t want machines that will put you in harm’s way. That’s why all the jump starters below have several in-built safety features. We wrapped it up with a high Amazon rating. So, let’s see the features of these units.
Our Picks of 10 Best Heavy Duty Jump Starter Reviews:
1. Truck PAC ES1224 3000/1500 Peak Amp 12/24V Jump Starter
This heavy piece of equipment delivers 3000 amps with 12 volts and 1500 amps with 24 volts. You only need to switch to your preferred amperage option by turning a knob.
It comes with 60-inch cables, accompanied by industrial-grade clamps. This makes it easy for you to reach different engines without having to move the device around.
It weighs 44 pounds, and that’s fair for this caliber of jump starters. You can leave it permanently plugged into an outlet because it automatically recharges itself when the battery level drops. That way, it will always be full of juice whenever you need it.
Its LED battery status indicator will help you monitor the status of the jump starter’s battery easily. Its advanced warning system will alert you of a wrong connection or other unsafe conditions. There’s a separate outlet to power 12-volt accessories. It has an Amazon rating of 4.6 stars.
- This unit delivers 3000 amps with 12 volts.
- It also delivers 1500 amps with 24 volts.
- You only need to switch a knob to transition from one amperage option to the other.
- Its advanced warning system will let you know whenever the connection or situation is unsafe to jump-start your truck.
- Its 60-inch cables and industrial-grade clamps are a winning combination anytime.
- The heavy-duty jump starter weighs 44 pounds.
- It offers automatic recharging.
- You can easily monitor its battery level with a battery level indicator.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.6 stars.
- It is tough, rugged, and durable.
2. Jump-N-Carry JNC1224 Heavy Duty Jump Starter
This jump starter weighs 40 pounds, and it delivers a peak amperage of 3400 amps. Also, it gives both 12 and 24 volts. You can easily select the one you want. In addition, you can get a continuous amperage of 1700 amps.
It is easy to use and very durable. Its long cables and iron-clad clamps are part of what gave the device an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- This jump starter comes with an air compressor.
- It dishes out both 12 and 24 volts.
- And it also gives a peak amperage of 3400 amps.
- There’s a pressure gauge to measure the pressure of your tires.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- A weight of 40 pounds isn’t bad.
- It is easy to use.
- This unit delivers a continuous amperage of 1700 amps.
- It is also durable.
3. Super Compact Switchable Heavy Duty Battery Jump Starter
Like others, this unit also delivers both 12 volts and 24 volts. It gives you the liberty to choose your preferred option. You can use it on heavy and light vehicles. It will jump-start a heavy cargo truck easily.
The machine conveniently delivers 800 amps. It weighs only 6.6 pounds, which is very light, considering the kind of heavy trucks it jump-starts.
An Amazon rating of 4.6 stars sounds great. Its LED light works in three modes. It may take you up to 9.5 hours to charge this heavy equipment from zero to 100%. However, never wait until its battery gets so low before you recharge it.
The unit is protected from low voltage, high voltage, short circuits, and reverse polarity. The jump starter comes with a micro USB cable, a DC car charger, a 14V AC adaptor, a user manual, and a toolbox.
- This device offers both 12 volts and 24 volts.
- You get to choose the voltage option.
- It is powerful enough to jump-start a heavy cargo truck.
- The unit weighs 6.6 pounds.
- It delivers 800 amps.
- Its LED light works in three modes.
- An Amazon rating of 4.6 stars is very convincing.
- It takes about 9 to 10 hours to charge it.
- The device is protected from low voltage, high voltage, short circuits, and reverse polarity.
- It comes with a DC car charger and several other accessories.
4. Energizer Heavy Duty Jump Starter 11,100mAh
This is a very compact device that you can easily carry around. Its LED light is super bright and can be used for camping. The unit delivers 600 amps.
Its 2.4-amp USB outlet can charge your phone, tablet, and other smaller devices. Due to its portability and compactness, you can keep it in your glove box.
Its smart cables will tell if the connection is wrong, and it will notify you. In fact, it is protected from low voltage, high voltage, short circuits, and reverse polarity. You can recharge the jump starter in your car with its cigarette lighter adapter while traveling. It comes with a storage pouch.
The device weighs only 1.65 pounds. It has a USB charging option. It is easy to use and durable. That’s why its Amazon rating of 4.1 stars isn’t surprising.
- This unit is very light, portable, and compact.
- Its LED light is super bright.
- Its amperage is 600 amps.
- There’s a USB port to charge your smaller devices.
- It is protected from low voltage, high voltage, short circuits, and reverse polarity.
- The device weighs 1.65 pounds.
- It has a cigarette lighter adapter to charge it in the car.
- The unit is durable.
- Its Amazon rating of 4.1 stars is wonderful.
- It comes with a storage bag and other accessories.
5. Antigravity XP-10-HD Heavy Duty Micro start Jump Starter
This is one of the few jump starters that have up to four USB ports. That means you can charge four devices at the same time. After a few minutes of inactivity, this unit will go off to save the battery.
It weighs only 2 pounds, making it very light. You can enjoy 300 amps of juice from the device. Its 110 Lumen LED light has three beam modes.
This jump starter is safe to use because it is protected from low voltage, high voltage, short circuits, and reverse polarity. It is also durable and easy to use. The Amazon rating of 4.6 stars completes the package.
- This jump starter has up to four USB ports to charge your devices.
- It goes off automatically when it is not in use, and that saves its battery.
- The unit delivers 300 amps.
- It weighs only 2 pounds.
- Its 110 Lumen LED light has three beam modes.
- The jump starter is protected from low voltage, high voltage, short circuits, and reverse polarity.
- It is durable and easy to use.
- An Amazon rating of 4.6 stars says it all.
6. NOCO Boost HD GB150 4000 Amp 12-Volt
This heavy jump starter delivers a staggering amount of power. Putting forth 4000 amps is highly intimidating. This unit can start up to 40 vehicles before getting weak.
Its error LED light indicates a wrong connection. Also, it is protected from overcharging, short circuits, sparks, and reverse polarity.
The device has a couple of USB outlets, and 500 Lumen LED light that has seven modes. It takes 6 hours to charge the workhorse.
You can use it in the rain because its body is waterproof. It weighs 7.5 pounds, and that’s fair. Buyers of this device will enjoy a 1-year warranty. Its Amazon rating of 4.5 stars is great. Also, it comes with several accessories.
- This device comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It can jump-start up to 40 vehicles on a full charge.
- An Amazon rating of 4.5 stars is quite impressive.
- It takes 6 hours to charge this machine.
- The rubberized case of the jump starter is waterproof.
- Its error LED light comes on when the connection is wrong.
- The 500 Lumen LED light has seven modes.
- This unit has an amperage of 4000 amps.
- It weighs only 7.5 pounds.
7. Schumacher DSR115 DSR ProSeries 12V/24V 4400 Peak Amp
This wonderful device delivers 4400 peak amps and 750 cranking amps. It comes with 2A automatic external charger for fast recharging. It also has a 12 volt DC power outlet.
The device has a clear display unit that shows the battery status. You can switch it off manually when you’re through with it.
The jump starter has metal clamps that are resistant to rust and corrosion. There’s a USB port that is used to charge your phone and other devices. It is durable and easy to use. It will warn you of any wrong connection. So, it is worthy of its 4.12 stars Amazon rating.
- The jump starter delivers 4400 peak amps.
- And it also delivers 750 cranking amps.
- There’s an external charger.
- It has a 12 volt DC power outlet.
- There’s a clear display unit.
- It has a power switch for you to turn it off manually and save its battery.
- You can charge your phone and tablet with its USB port.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.12 stars.
- The device will warn you of any wrong connection.
- Also, its clamps are resistant to rust and corrosion.
8. CAT CJ3000 Professional Jump Starter
First off, we need to inform you that Amazon has only one unit of this beast left. It delivers 2000 peak amps and 1000 instant amps. We noticed that this jump starter would perform in extreme conditions.
Its industrial-grade clamps can never get rusty and corroded. And it works well with even corroded battery terminals.
Its housing is tough and rugged, and that’s why it is durable. Its cables are 48 inches long. So, it can reach any corner. The unit has a 12 volts DC outlet. There are a reverse polarity alarm and indicator light.
It also has a very bright LED light. According to its manufacturer, you must charge it for 15 hours before its first use. It is quite easy to handle, and it has an Amazon rating of 3.9 stars and a weight of 23.5 pounds.
- This device delivers 2000 peak amps.
- And 1000 instant amps.
- It has 48-inch cables.
- Its industrial-grade clamps are resistant to rust and corrosion.
- There are a reverse polarity alarm and indicator light.
- It has a 12 volts DC outlet.
- Also, there’s a USB port for charging of smaller devices like your phone and tablet.
- It weighs 23.5 pounds.
- Its LED light is very bright.
- An Amazon rating of 3.9 stars confirms its quality.
9. AUTOGEN 4000A Heavy Duty Jump Starter
The amperage of 4000 amps makes this jump starter a product to beat. It is a masterpiece. This workhorse will jump-start your vehicle even in the winter.
You can use it for all kinds of vehicles. The jump starter is protected from low voltage, high voltage, short circuits, and reverse polarity.
Its copper cables and industrial-grade clamps will take on any heavy vehicle effortlessly. It has a built-in cigarette lighter socket. Its USB ports are for charging your phones and tablets.
Its LED light is very bright. The unit weighs 3.99 pounds, and it is backed up with a great customer service team. The jump starter is durable and has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars.
- The best feature of this product is its amperage of 4000 amps.
- It is strong enough to jump-start vehicles in the cold.
- The jump starter is protected from low voltage, high voltage, short circuits, and reverse polarity.
- Its copper cables and industrial-grade, rust-resistant clamps are a great combination.
- It comes with a built-in cigarette lighter socket.
- There are USB ports to charge your phone and other devices.
- Its LED light is very bright.
- It weighs 3.99 pounds.
- The brand has a great customer service team.
- An Amazon rating of 4.5 stars says it all.
10. Clore Automotive Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 Peak Amp 12 Volt
This device is the last on this list, but it is certainly not the least, and its amperage of 1700 amps confirms that. It also has 425 cranking amps. Its 46-inch cables are quite impressive.
They’ll reach every corner much easily. It is protected from low voltage, high voltage, short circuits, and reverse polarity.
Its DC outlet will power 12 volts accessories. The device also has an air compressor with a pressure gauge. Its metal clams are resistant to rust and corrosion. It is easy to use and durable. It weighs 18 pounds, and it has an Amazon rating of 4.7 stars.
- This jump starter delivers 1700 peak amps.
- It also delivers 425 cranking amps.
- Its cables are 48 inches long.
- You can inflate your tires with its air compressor.
- It also has a pressure gauge.
- The device is easy to use.
- It is also durable.
- Its industrial-grade clamps are resistant to corrosion and rust.
- The weight of 18 pounds is a good one.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.7 stars.
Buying Guide – How To Choose The Best Heavy-Duty Jump Starter?
Now that we’re through with the reviews of the jump starters, here are important tips on how to buy a heavy-duty jump starter. It is important that you apply all the tips if you want to end up with a product that you will enjoy for several years.
1. Select One From This List
We believe that it is better to pick any of the products that have been reviewed here. They have all been tested, so if you pick any of them, you’ll be sure you’re making a good choice. Besides, if you do an online search, you’re likely to depend on only what you read about each of the products.
Unfortunately, not every review is accurate. Some of them are veiled promotions. We will say it as it is, and we reviewed the products based on only what we see.
That makes our reviews very reliable. In other words, our reviews will be more useful to you. That’s why you’re better off picking a jump starter from this list.
2. Purchase it From Amazon
Although you can get your jump starter from several online and offline stores, it is better to purchase it from Amazon. We recommend Amazon for three reasons. First, you’ll get original products from the store.
It is rare to find imitations on Amazon. And if Amazon plans to sell a used product, you will be notified that the product is used. This is unlike some other retailers that may present used products as new. Amazon has integrity.
Second, you can get great prices from the platform. If you don’t believe this, you can make your price comparisons. You’ll eventually find out that Amazon offers the best price deals. Also, whatever you buy from Amazon automatically comes with a 30-day return window.
That means you have 30 days to return the product and get a full refund if you don’t like it. However, there are a few exceptions. For any of the exceptions, you’ll be notified beforehand that the product cannot be returned.
3. Consider The Price
It is always better to save costs. So, we’ll advise you to purchase the most affordable jump starter that can jump-start your vehicle. If all it takes to start your vehicle is 500 amps, why pay more for a jump starter that delivers 800 amps? Always consider costs.
4. Read its User Manual
Take the time to read the user manual of your equipment before you start using it. This will help you to avert common mistakes that could be costly.
5. Consider User Reviews too
Read the user reviews of your preferred jump starter before and after purchasing it. You may learn some things about the device that are not on the user manual. The more information you have about your jump starter, the better you can handle it.
To the best of our knowledge, the jump starters reviewed above are the top heavy-duty jump starters, and we recommend all of them. They deliver huge amperage that can jump-start small and large vehicles regardless of the weather conditions.
These jump starters are tough, rugged, and durable. That’s why they all have a high Amazon rating. All of them are easy to use. Once again, we recommend them.